Thread: Living in Bolivia, no access to grass fed, pasture raised meat. page

pegmedi is offline Junior Member

Living in Bolivia, no access to grass fed, pasture raised meat.

Shop Now
    What do I do? I have been eating primal a week now, but I am concerened with the quality meat we've been eating. I live in bolivia and am not sure what they feed the animals, they do give them antibiotics, they say they are fed balanced foods which I think is grain, and grass. You can never be sure here, sometimes I don't even think the sellers know what they are fed they just say what you want to hear. So I am still searching, but what should I do till then, my husbands bad cholestorol is a little high and that concerns me. Mine good cholestorol is a little low. I bough coconut oil and it will get here soon so I will be adding that to our diet. But my husband is a big meat eater and I am worried about this? Either way I have no choice because we will always eat meat, but any suggestions would be great! Also I have found a place that sells raw butter and cream I think, they say its fresh, and if we don't use it or freeze it it turns sour within a few days. So I am thinking its raw, but not sure about grass fed!

Philmont Scott is offline Junior Member
    1) Primal is about making the best choices you can, from what is available to you. Don't stress over it.
    2) Bolivia doesn't have the infrastructure required for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations that are common in the U.S., so the meat readily available at your local market is probably better for you than the standard meat available to me in a normal U.S. grocery store.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pegmedi View Post
    What do I do? I have been eating primal a week now, but I am concerened with the quality meat we've been eating. I live in bolivia and am not sure what they feed the animals, they do give them antibiotics, they say they are fed balanced foods which I think is grain, and grass. You can never be sure here, sometimes I don't even think the sellers know what they are fed they just say what you want to hear. So I am still searching, but what should I do till then, my husbands bad cholestorol is a little high and that concerns me. Mine good cholestorol is a little low. I bough coconut oil and it will get here soon so I will be adding that to our diet. But my husband is a big meat eater and I am worried about this? Either way I have no choice because we will always eat meat, but any suggestions would be great! Also I have found a place that sells raw butter and cream I think, they say its fresh, and if we don't use it or freeze it it turns sour within a few days. So I am thinking its raw, but not sure about grass fed!
    Can you get your hands on grass fed butter? If it were me, I'd eat the leanest cuts of meat possible and just slather them in grass fed butter.

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    Quick search reveals that Bolivia is a major cattle ranching country - mostly on destroyed rainforest patches but that's another story.
    I'd guess your beef there is basically grass fed.