Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate my diet please. page

SpearCarrier is offline Member

Rate my diet please.

Firstly, some might already know, but I have a very small build for a guy - 5ft4 and weigh just 112lbs (due to illnesses in the past) and I am slowly putting on muscle again after a hellish 8 years. I am battling ME so my exercise is very very sporadic.

Be very grateful if you could give me your opinions on my diet. I don't care about taste, so ignore the fact that it doesn't look appealing, I eat for fuel only and I have to be careful what I eat because I am currently beating Ulcerative Colitis by only eating what I am eating. I am trying to put on muscle mass without gaining fat - it seems to be working well.

Upon waking: Squats followed by Glutamine and BCAA powder in a pint of water

12pm- Tomato soup (double concentrated tomato paste, butter, salt)

2:30pm- Tomato soup

WORKOUT (if I have any spare energy, sometimes can't move lol)

5pm- Chicken or Salmon, eggs, green vegetables and butter

7:30pm- Same as above.

Before Bed- Gouda (cheese) 100grams

I have a total of 250grams of butter a day haha, doctors would be angry at me

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Why the tomato soup? Seems like you could use more substantial food in the earlier meals, especially if you're lacking energy in the afternoon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

The tomato paste masks the butter taste - I just use it as a vessel to get lots of calories in me. I have about 60g of butter in each soup so its pretty calorific lol.

I forgot to say I add a medium sized sweet potato to my evening meals on days that I manage to exercise hard. I also add some bcaa's to the soup sometimes to make it more anabolic.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Do you have something against beef? I think you aren't eating enough beef.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    If it's working well, then keep it up. If you gut gives you problems with certain foods, and this way of eating helps you feel good, then why change?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    I'm not too fond of this diet. Chicken, btw, isn't that good for you. And unless the Salmon is wild caught and sourced well then it's in the same boat as the chicken.

You need to add good quality beef and perhaps a salad here and there with some good quality EVOO.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Do you HAVE to eat five times a day? Seems like a holdover from CW that you're holding onto. Nmany people here eat only twice a day in a six hour block. I myself eat only once a day on most days. All of my calories in one single meal that is ingested slowly over a four hour period.

The CW folks think I am nuts, but I say I feel great eating this way, so fuck 'em.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Too little protein, all that fat isn't going to help if you don't get more protein to help you bulk up.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't digest red meat very well which is why I eat the chicken, it is free range and organic and the salmon is alaskan sockeye. I do eat a LOT of raw argentinian beef liver (it's in powder form and doesn't give me digestion problems).

I can't eat just twice a day because the sheer volume of calories in one sitting gives my gut HELL.

Nobody seems to be saying that eating 250g of grass fed butter a day will give me problems, that is still my main worry. I know consumption of saturated fat doesn't cause heart problems... but I am definitely testing that theory with full force and worry sometimes; what if I am wrong and there is way too much cholesterol in my blood?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast