Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate my diet please. page 2

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry about the butter. I have that much (250ml) heavy cream in my coffee every day + dietary fat and added butter. Can you handle potatoes? Potatoes can suck up a ton of butter. Cauliflower also mashes well with potatoes and butter. Chopped spinach also reduces a ton when cooked so you can get a large amount in a small serving.

Sounds like you'd benefit from some home made soups - making your own bone broth and such.

SpearCarrier is offline Member
    I do eat potatoes/sweet potatoes but try to limit them as much as possible as starch feeds pathogens in the gut, and I don't wanna bring ulcerative colitis back. I will definitely try using more vegetables though such as cauliflower to disguise the butter.

Thanks

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Mark posted recently about pre-biotic foods helping to promote certain gut bacteria that help with breaking down fats. Things like onions and garlic - perhaps you could also try chicken liver instead of powdered livers and cook it with lots of onions, garlic and butter. Another idea would be to try making your own liver pate's (liver, butter).. or perhaps pemican (dehydrated lean beef + rendered fat). http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...#axzz2NKmpECln

Good luck
    Last edited by slowcooker; 03-12-2013 at 08:09 AM.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearCarrier View Post
    I can't digest red meat very well which is why I eat the chicken, it is free range and organic and the salmon is alaskan sockeye. I do eat a LOT of raw argentinian beef liver (it's in powder form and doesn't give me digestion problems).

I can't eat just twice a day because the sheer volume of calories in one sitting gives my gut HELL.

Nobody seems to be saying that eating 250g of grass fed butter a day will give me problems, that is still my main worry. I know consumption of saturated fat doesn't cause heart problems... but I am definitely testing that theory with full force and worry sometimes; what if I am wrong and there is way too much cholesterol in my blood?
    Free range and organic don't a healthy chicken make.

99% of chickens, unless you know exactly where it came from, eat corn and soy all day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12