Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with my egg supplier's comments? page

Cruscone is offline Junior Member

How to deal with my egg supplier's comments?

Shop Now
    DSCN6041..jpg

This is refrigerator #2 at our place. There’s veggies, fruit, nuts, a turkey, and fourteen dozen cartons of eggs. What’s the problem? I’m glad you asked.

We get our eggs from direct from a lady who owns a farm near where we live. She offers us a better deal than buying her eggs at the grocery stores. Her 200 chickens are free-range and do not eat garbage food.

We go through a dozen eggs a day. There are four of us in our household. While they are truly excellent eggs, our farmer/rancher is hassling me with comments every time I pick up a load of eggs. Comments about cholesterol, heart attacks, too much of a good thing, and more. I'm getting pissed and wondering how to deal with her. I am not interested in arguing, but this is getting to be a pain. I did tell her my story about ho Eggs are a vital part of our day. They have made a big difference for me.. But she persists.
    Last edited by Cruscone; 05-01-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added more info.

Repicheep is offline Member
    Out of a backpack, but Paris, France/Colorado
    Hand her some literature about paleo/primal, tell her you eat the way you do based on evolutionary theory, and tell her that there are 4 of you in your household.

Why not just tell the truth, neh?

I have shared with her about how our food choices and lives have changed, but she can't seem to keep her misinformed opinions to herself.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    You could punch her in the throat the next time she starts running her yap.

...or just buy eggs somewhere else for a few weeks.

leonardotmnt is offline Senior Member
    Seems kind of crazy to me to essentially tell a high volume customer that they should buy less. If she doesn't think what she's selling is healthy then why sell them? I agree with the last comment about buying your eggs elsewhere for a little while and see how she likes that.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Find another supplier. If she's going to harass you because you're buying her product? Shop elsewhere.

Sounds like she needs a few lessons in basic business practices, the first one being "The customer is always right."
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Maybe she has nothing else to talk about. Start up diverting conversations so she doesn't have time to give you grief on the eggs. If you can find some common interest other than eggs she may ease up on the subject.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Just ask her if she wants you to continue buying from her or not. Suggest that you could start shopping elsewhere.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Sounds like she needs a few lessons in basic business practices, the first one being "The customer is always right."
    You don't understand Capitalism. Why do you hate the baby rondald reagan so much?

The problem is that she has superior products. In the last year we bought 45 chickens, 2 turkeys, 3 whole pigs, 1 duck, and some other stuff I'm forgetting at the moment. So it's not just the eggs we get from her. She is an odd one. She comes from a very well-off family. After college she turned her back on her rich parents and became a farmer and rancher. She doesn't make that much money. Our purchases make her money.
    Last edited by Cruscone; 05-01-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast