Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 193

Thread: Best Rebuttal needed for Low Carb "Myth" statement page 9

  1. #81
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    It's carbs our brains run off. For 20-30 years westerners have tried low fat diets and nearly all fail miserably, because they can't kick the carb habit. The brains survival response of wanting more fuel (glucose) every few hours is too strong for most to over come.
    Wouldn't failing at a low-fat diet suggest fat was the greater alluring factor, not carbs? A low-fat diet is likely to be high in carbs by default, so if people can fulfill their carb "addiction," where does the failure stem from?

    If your addicted to carbs (If your a SADer you probably are) you have to kick the habit, one of the best ways (not the only way) I've seen to do this is to follow Mark's diet. Once your body is a champion at converting its own glucose and your IR and leptin are all in order. You can go to town on the carbs and probably thrive. Just don't let your brain take you down the path of relying on a carb hit to boost its energy supplies.
    Bad, brain, bad! Wants its preferred source of fuel. Silly mother nature, Internet Paleo gurus know better!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  2. #82
    Timthetaco's Avatar
    Timthetaco Guest

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    It's carbs our brains run off. For 20-30 years westerners have tried low fat diets and nearly all fail miserably, because they can't kick the carb habit. The brains survival response of wanting more fuel (glucose) every few hours is too strong for most to over come. You can't go low carb/low fat either you brain will still signal being starved of energy ... Once your body is a champion at converting its own glucose and your IR and leptin are all in order. You can go to town on the carbs and probably thrive. Just don't let your brain take you down the path of relying on a carb hit to boost its energy supplies.
    ...

  3. #83
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    So you're saying it's the bun that makes people addicted to mcburgers and not the greasy slab of beef drenched with cheap fats, preservatives and msg that addicts people?

    Riiight...

    Most sweets and cheap carbs are loaded with the same sorts of fat.
    not so fast

    the last time i had a mcdonald's burger, a few years ago, the bun was sweet and to my newly sensitive taste buds it was disgustingly sweet

    that was a new development (in my neck of the woods at least). i'm not a stranger to their food, having had it occasionally since childhood. so the greasy salty patties plus a sweetened bun? yeah they're going for as many sells as possible
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #84
    ChocoTaco369's Avatar
    ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narberth, PA
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    not so fast

    the last time i had a mcdonald's burger, a few years ago, the bun was sweet and to my newly sensitive taste buds it was disgustingly sweet

    that was a new development (in my neck of the woods at least). i'm not a stranger to their food, having had it occasionally since childhood. so the greasy salty patties plus a sweetened bun? yeah they're going for as many sells as possible
    It's a combination of everything. Did you know McDonald's chicken nuggets come in 5 distinct shapes? Everything about their food is engineered to make you want more of it. But to simply blame carbs is incredibly misguided. Flour and sugar are grotesque on their own, but when you coat them in fat and salt, roll them into interesting shapes and fry them in even more fat...suddenly something magical happens. White flour, soybean oil and white sugar are all gross on their own, but packaged as a doughnut...well...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

  5. #85
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Those chewy buns are tasty. Back in the day I would have eaten the bun plain, but the bun is loaded with dozens of flavor and texture enhancers. You can't (easily) make something like it at home. Only a lab and special ovens can produce something so unnaturally delicious. If they served them on flour and water bread, nobody would know what a McD's is today.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  6. #86
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    not so fast

    the last time i had a mcdonald's burger, a few years ago, the bun was sweet and to my newly sensitive taste buds it was disgustingly sweet

    that was a new development (in my neck of the woods at least). i'm not a stranger to their food, having had it occasionally since childhood. so the greasy salty patties plus a sweetened bun? yeah they're going for as many sells as possible
    yeah that was the point i was getting at.
    nihil

  7. #87
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    It's a combination of everything. Did you know McDonald's chicken nuggets come in 5 distinct shapes? Everything about their food is engineered to make you want more of it. But to simply blame carbs is incredibly misguided. Flour and sugar are grotesque on their own, but when you coat them in fat and salt, roll them into interesting shapes and fry them in even more fat...suddenly something magical happens. White flour, soybean oil and white sugar are all gross on their own, but packaged as a doughnut...well...
    There was something special about the round nuggets. Never wanted the pointy or egg-shaped ones, just the round ones! How sick is that? Lol.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  8. #88
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    sugar are grotesque on their own, white sugar are all gross on their own,
    Wanna throw down? I'll drop the gloves right now
    nihil

  9. #89
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,355
    a bread lover would

    you know.. not naming any names or anything, but it starts with M and ends with E
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #90
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,355
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Wanna throw down? I'll drop the gloves right now
    dooo it dooo it dooo it!!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •