Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Rebuttal needed for Low Carb "Myth" statement page 14

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    The population isn't fat adapted because it's not optimal, or natural. It's a huge stress on your body and is used as an emergency response. Research is cherrypicked, because, ketones are highly protective and a preferential fuel over glucose, but the act of being in ketosis is a huge burden on your body.
    I haven;t seen anything but cherry picking with the opposing argument either, there is no definitive evidence either way as far as I have seen, one camp cites the Inuit, the other the Kitavans, in my mind there is no doubt that we evolved to survive at times on a high fat diet ketosis and other times on a high carb diet, both are on the fringe of the ideal, but ideally our body should be capable of doing both without ill effect.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I never understood where the logic stems from that the body (and brain) prefer ketones, yet you can drop out of ketosis as easily as biting into a carrot. Wouldn't evolution have made the body fight to stay in ketosis a little more instead of bouncing--seamlessly--back to burning glucose? It fights hard against getting into ketiosis, so that doesn't suggest it likes or prefers something to me. Studies aren't even needed to observe this fact of all human life. I agree with you completely about it being a survival mechanism. The "carb flu," in my opinion, seems more like a warning that something is drastically wrong with the system and the body is going to turn on a backup generator while there's a shortage of fuel. Doesn't seem preferential to me. I think evolution worked it in to extend life until we could get our preferred fuels back in order.
    Boy that sounds logical to me. But what do i know, im a troll.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    That's it. This forum has overused the term troll to the point of saturation. It's now a meaningless and antiquated Internet word because too many people used it wrongly.
    You're such a troll J3nn.

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I haven;t seen anything but cherry picking with the opposing argument either, there is no definitive evidence either way as far as I have seen, one camp cites the Inuit, the other the Kitavans, in my mind there is no doubt that we evolved to survive at times on a high fat diet ketosis and other times on a high carb diet, both are on the fringe of the ideal, but ideally our body should be capable of doing both without ill effect.
    No no, you mean one sites the Inuit, the other sites every other group of people on the planet ever. The Inuit are also only several thousand years old and therfore are not paleo, yet they are the poster child for the paleo way of eating. Ridiculous.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    That's why it sounds logical to you!

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    If you aren't in ketosis or you aren't eating within the carb curve, you are a troll according the the Primal disciples.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    You're such a troll J3nn.

I knowwwwwwww. Good thing trolls eat carbs; someone has to take care of those insidious weight-gain parasites.

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    That's it. This forum has overused the term troll to the point of saturation. It's now a meaningless and antiquated Internet word because too many people used it wrongly.
    or, to quote mean girls

'stop trying to make fetch happen'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    That's why it sounds logical to you!
    Explain why it's illogical and why we abandon ketosis so easily but struggle to initiate it?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    or, to quote mean girls

'stop trying to make fetch happen'
    I haven't seen the movie to get the reference.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast