Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaining body fat? + ladies problems... page 2

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The easiest way to get extra calories is liquid fat. And by that I mean cream. Plus, it's delicious!
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amber_maiden View Post
    I was averaging around 200g of carbs before I upped my calories... I just checked on Cronometer. Funny it's gone down since upping my calorie intake- I'll have to watch that.

What problems did you have with eating fat? If you don't mind me asking.
    Then you just need to find whatever foods / combination of macros will get your weight up. Try nut butters? Easy to way to get loads of calories in....

Spoonfuls of fat (I literally mean spoonfuls of lard, ghee, etc.) for me lead to more digestive upsets than I was having previously and breaking out in pus filled bumps all over my legs (although I'm sure this was in response to the ghee. Dairy doesn't like me). I wouldn't expect this to happen to you, but that's why I personally decided to approach it another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I would suggest focusing on more nutrient-dense fertility foods, as opposed to macros. And more calories overall.

Here's a blog post I wrote on the topic:

Optimum Fertility ~ Nutrition | Sondra Rose: Happy Mind
    Thank you! Will read!

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I have read more than once that women athletes with low bodyfat and amennorhea can get their periods back by adding egg yolks to their diet. YMMV
    I'm allergic to eggs But I'll try and get more in through mixing them with meat..ex. meatballs. and see if I'm less sensitive that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Calories is probably going to matter more than carbs vs. fat. Except that fat has more than 2X calories per gram than carbs, so in terms of food volume, fat will give you more calorie bang for your buck. Is there some high calorie primal food you enjoy that you've been holding back on? If so, indulge!
    Will do! Chocolate and bacon wrapped dates it is!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Then you just need to find whatever foods / combination of macros will get your weight up. Try nut butters? Easy to way to get loads of calories in....

Spoonfuls of fat (I literally mean spoonfuls of lard, ghee, etc.) for me lead to more digestive upsets than I was having previously and breaking out in pus filled bumps all over my legs (although I'm sure this was in response to the ghee. Dairy doesn't like me). I wouldn't expect this to happen to you, but that's why I personally decided to approach it another way.
    I'll add more nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The easiest way to get extra calories is liquid fat. And by that I mean cream. Plus, it's delicious!
    I dislike eating dairy- think it bothers my acne... but I eat it on cheat days/weekends occasionally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12