Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you want on the menu at a Paleo/Primal deli style restaurant? page 2

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Everything everyone has said has my stomach rumbling! And could we please get some fried fish without the batter or canola oil please?
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    Everything everyone has said has my stomach rumbling! And could we please get some fried fish without the batter or canola oil please?
    Insects!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    Basically everything that is available at a regular NY/Jewish deli... just without the bread!

Also, if you could find a way to do a more pirmal-friendly knish, I'd be enthralled to know the recipe and/or give it a taste test.
    +1 (except I'm Italian, so please add some Italian deli products also, but I'm happy to be a guinea pig (no pun intended) for those knish).

Also, realizing that there are non-primals in the world and there are primals who are 80/20, if you at least had a primal bread alternative in addition to regular bread, that would be great. Things we can put in our coffee like pastured whole cream, pastured butter, coconut oil, etc., would be awesome.

Duck fat french fries.

IOW, flip the average deli kind of upside down so that instead of primals having to give up something, the offered products would be primal approved, but you'd concede to carry bread (or whatever) so that you didn't exclude non-primals.

A pull up bar in the restrooms. Just kidding.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The thing about carrying wheat bread products for non-primals who have to have their bread is that now the entire establishment is no longer gluten-free, which works out great for people who really don't care whether they eat gluten as part of their 20%, not so much for those who need to avoid gluten.

So it isn't really primal, it's a regular deli at that point, with all the hazards of any regular restaurant.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    If you live in NYC or local to it, try out Hu Kitchen. I haven't gone myself, since I live in California, but I have sent a few NY friends there and they loved it. :3

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Sweetbreads.

LaxCoach is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the ideas. I don't feel it would be completely workable to do just primal, but primal is crucial to the concept. I love the pullup bar in the bathroom... good stuff.

If I can find a way to prep the gluten free foods away from the breads, that may get that job done.

So Sandwiches, Lettuce Wraps, Salads all seem to be the obvious choices. Perhaps use paleo bread as an option. Sides are a tough one though...

As for location, I'm not exactly sure yet, but if/when we decide to move forward, you all will be sure to know.

Thanks for everyone's help so far, if anyone has more suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It feels like you want to do is a regular deli that has options of healthier meats. Keep in mind that it is generally uneconomical to keep a separate gluten-free prep area, and serving sandwiches any other way won't be gluten-free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12