Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Sunny Old England!!

Hybrid View

Hello from Sunny Old England!!

Hi,

I am fairly new to MDA.

I have been doing the paleo diet for over a year now albeit with a few regretful breaks here and there. But, I am a firm believer in the primal diet since it has rid my body of a slew of issues I suffered from as a young adult, which doctors were all to happy to remedy with various prescriptions. Gotta love medicine modern day medicine.

I decided to sign up for this forum as I think it would be a great idea to share my experiences with the paleo diet. Also currently residing in a country where asking for a gluten free option is usually met with a bewildered expression, I thought it would be a great idea to learn from others who have limited options.

I hope to add to my existing knowledge and help in my own little way make the "primal lifestyle" more mainstream.

Welcome!!!

Hello from London ! where's the sunshine ?? it's been snowing here today ....

I tend not to ask for the gluten-free option, you're right, confused looks all round. I just ask if I can swap the bread or pasta for extra salad.

Been snowing here in Spalding too. Although there's bright sunshine at this particular moment.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

A gorgeous sunny day here in the Scottish Highlands. Lots of snow over the weekend and still bitterly cold but the Cairngorms looked lovely this morning.

Talking Hello

I am also from England (wiltshire) and new to MDA. Glad to see i'm not the only one not in sunny california! I think Paleo is sure to grow massively over the next few years, and the UK will be catching on a few years late... as with many things. I'm liking feeling that i'm ahead of the game here haha. Only been Paleo just a few weeks and i love it. I started on SCD to help a troublesome stomach, which lead me to Paleo, and I couldn't imagine ever going back.

Quote Originally Posted by oszy13 View Post
    Hi,

I am fairly new to MDA.

I have been doing the paleo diet for over a year now albeit with a few regretful breaks here and there. But, I am a firm believer in the primal diet since it has rid my body of a slew of issues I suffered from as a young adult, which doctors were all to happy to remedy with various prescriptions. Gotta love medicine modern day medicine.

I decided to sign up for this forum as I think it would be a great idea to share my experiences with the paleo diet. Also currently residing in a country where asking for a gluten free option is usually met with a bewildered expression, I thought it would be a great idea to learn from others who have limited options.

I hope to add to my existing knowledge and help in my own little way make the "primal lifestyle" more mainstream.

Hi from sunny Yorkshire!

I'm new ish on here too. Like Frankie I started with the SCD, which led me to Paleo/Primal. If I do let my eating habits slip, I notice it pretty quickly.

I find that in cities, it's easy enough to get gluten free options. Occasionally, when eating out, I do have to settle for something that isn't 100% Primal/paleo, but it has to be gluten free as an absolute minimum due to being coeliac. We have a bar/restaurant here in Leeds though which does fab primal/paleo options (the guy who owns it is a Crossfitter) so it's slowly starting to catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPanda View Post
    I find that in cities, it's easy enough to get gluten free options.
    I think most eateries will make the effort if you explain the problem. Our older daughter is Coeliac and we took her to a Chinese restaurant for her 18th (22 years ago). We thought everything was wonderful. Until they brought out birthday cake........

I find that getting restaurants to do me primal/paleo food is not usually any trouble. I just ask for extra mushrooms or something instead of bread, i will usually eat potatoes & chips (if fried in lard). I have not been refused yet.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    i will usually eat potatoes & chips (if fried in lard). I have not been refused yet.
    do you ask restaurants to fry your chips in lard?

This is something i do at home but can't imagine asking in a restaurant, just assuming a) they wouldn't have lard on the premises and b) their deep fat fryer would be full of something else already

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    do you ask restaurants to fry your chips in lard?
    No, I ask if they do it. If they don't I then ask for an alternative.