Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Sunny Old England!! page

oszy13 is offline Junior Member

Hello from Sunny Old England!!

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I am fairly new to MDA.

I have been doing the paleo diet for over a year now albeit with a few regretful breaks here and there. But, I am a firm believer in the primal diet since it has rid my body of a slew of issues I suffered from as a young adult, which doctors were all to happy to remedy with various prescriptions. Gotta love medicine modern day medicine.

I decided to sign up for this forum as I think it would be a great idea to share my experiences with the paleo diet. Also currently residing in a country where asking for a gluten free option is usually met with a bewildered expression, I thought it would be a great idea to learn from others who have limited options.

I hope to add to my existing knowledge and help in my own little way make the "primal lifestyle" more mainstream.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!!

Hello from London ! where's the sunshine ?? it's been snowing here today ....

I tend not to ask for the gluten-free option, you're right, confused looks all round. I just ask if I can swap the bread or pasta for extra salad.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Been snowing here in Spalding too. Although there's bright sunshine at this particular moment.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Calidris is offline Junior Member
    A gorgeous sunny day here in the Scottish Highlands. Lots of snow over the weekend and still bitterly cold but the Cairngorms looked lovely this morning.

Frankie3614 is offline Junior Member

Talking Hello

I am also from England (wiltshire) and new to MDA. Glad to see i'm not the only one not in sunny california! I think Paleo is sure to grow massively over the next few years, and the UK will be catching on a few years late... as with many things. I'm liking feeling that i'm ahead of the game here haha. Only been Paleo just a few weeks and i love it. I started on SCD to help a troublesome stomach, which lead me to Paleo, and I couldn't imagine ever going back.

Quote Originally Posted by oszy13 View Post
    Hi,

I am fairly new to MDA.

I have been doing the paleo diet for over a year now albeit with a few regretful breaks here and there. But, I am a firm believer in the primal diet since it has rid my body of a slew of issues I suffered from as a young adult, which doctors were all to happy to remedy with various prescriptions. Gotta love medicine modern day medicine.

I decided to sign up for this forum as I think it would be a great idea to share my experiences with the paleo diet. Also currently residing in a country where asking for a gluten free option is usually met with a bewildered expression, I thought it would be a great idea to learn from others who have limited options.

I hope to add to my existing knowledge and help in my own little way make the "primal lifestyle" more mainstream.

PaleoPanda is offline Member
    Hi from sunny Yorkshire!

I'm new ish on here too. Like Frankie I started with the SCD, which led me to Paleo/Primal. If I do let my eating habits slip, I notice it pretty quickly.

I find that in cities, it's easy enough to get gluten free options. Occasionally, when eating out, I do have to settle for something that isn't 100% Primal/paleo, but it has to be gluten free as an absolute minimum due to being coeliac. We have a bar/restaurant here in Leeds though which does fab primal/paleo options (the guy who owns it is a Crossfitter) so it's slowly starting to catch on.

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Hello from Yorkshire
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Hello from a bright crisp sunny Surrey

oszy13 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad to see the UK representing

Hopefully we can lead a paleo charge!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast