Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Sunny Old England!! page 2

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPanda View Post
    I find that in cities, it's easy enough to get gluten free options.
    I think most eateries will make the effort if you explain the problem. Our older daughter is Coeliac and we took her to a Chinese restaurant for her 18th (22 years ago). We thought everything was wonderful. Until they brought out birthday cake........

I find that getting restaurants to do me primal/paleo food is not usually any trouble. I just ask for extra mushrooms or something instead of bread, i will usually eat potatoes & chips (if fried in lard). I have not been refused yet.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    i will usually eat potatoes & chips (if fried in lard). I have not been refused yet.
    do you ask restaurants to fry your chips in lard?

This is something i do at home but can't imagine asking in a restaurant, just assuming a) they wouldn't have lard on the premises and b) their deep fat fryer would be full of something else already

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    do you ask restaurants to fry your chips in lard?
    No, I ask if they do it. If they don't I then ask for an alternative.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    ah i see!

Frankie3614 is offline Junior Member
    Hi PaleoPanda, just wondering how successful was the SCD for you? I study at University in Leeds!! where is this restaurant you talk of?!

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to MDA forum. Have a nice stay!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Ilythia is offline Member
    Welcome! I'm in (not-so-Paleo/Primal) Cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPanda View Post
    Hi from sunny Yorkshire!

I'm new ish on here too. Like Frankie I started with the SCD, which led me to Paleo/Primal. If I do let my eating habits slip, I notice it pretty quickly.

I find that in cities, it's easy enough to get gluten free options. Occasionally, when eating out, I do have to settle for something that isn't 100% Primal/paleo, but it has to be gluten free as an absolute minimum due to being coeliac. We have a bar/restaurant here in Leeds though which does fab primal/paleo options (the guy who owns it is a Crossfitter) so it's slowly starting to catch on.

Which restaurant is that PaleoPanda? I go to Leeds a few times a month for work.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hello from tropical London!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12