Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page

wiltondeportes Guest

It sucks being healthy!!!

Shop Now
    This is my first rant on a message board, and it will probably be my last. I just came here to vent and see if anyone has experienced some of these things.

For yourself personally, healthiness is great. For the world, it messes everything up! I'll give a few examples:
    -intelligence
    -sleep deepness
    -vitality/sex drive/whatever you want to call it
    -wide feet and toes, way too big in the middle section to wear anything but baggy pants (I'm fit; I don't mean fatness)

I used to just sluff off any problems that arised from my above characteristics, but I'm now taking total responsibility for my actions and my life. This means I have to legitimately attack "problems" that are really positive signs my body is healthy. Here's how the above has affected me.

Intelligence: I could apologize all day for bragging and supply evidence so the reader knows this is not a delusion of my own, but I won't for the sake of brevity. Let's just accept I'm in the top 5 percentile of intelligence (could be anywhere in there; could be #1 ever, could be the last guy to make it). If I'm going to have a girlfriend and not a f*** buddy, that means we need to get along, laugh at each others jokes and be on the same wavelength. Let's just assume that means we need close to equal intelligence. I've already limited the field to 5% of women if we assume the distribution is the same for women and men. For one, women are generally more capable of dating a less intelligent persons because they are their lovable 'manly' men. For two, what are intelligent women my age (22) doing? Are they out having fun on Friday nights or even out on Fridays at 4 going to the grocery store? No, they're in school, working on something after school, or simply at work. And how many of that 5% are off the market anyways? That number means 5 in 100. Let's say 2 out of 5 are too busy to ever get out much (that might be very conservative), 2 out of 5 do have serious relationships, and 1 out of the 5 is physically unattractive to me (and 1 out of 5 are low standards...come on). So what are my odds of finding a girlfriend right now before we factor in anything else about the situation? Technically 0 in 100. Less than 10 in 1000. So essentially, I'm learning more and more that I have to just ignore the search for a great mental connection in the interest of at least getting laid and feeling some sort of intimacy at all. I'm 22...sh*t, I can't miss out on those good things while waiting for love if it ever effing comes. That's not a totally rosy path either though. How many ladies are just looking to hook up? And what percentage of them are weird or shady? Most of them are defected in some way, so I'm going waaay below my level just so I can get a little release.

Sleep deepness: I literally can sleep anywhere and stay asleep. I'm always alert when awake, but when I sleep, nothing wakes me up until I am ready to be woken. Alarms never really worked for me. I need that 8 hours or whatever exact number my body is looking for. So, if I don't go to bed at least 8 hours before I have to get up in the morning for school or work, I'm not always screwed, but I am enough of the time to not be a reliable attender of school/work in the morning. Sleep deepness is a sign of great physical health for the system in your body that involves sleep, no? I always feel extremely refreshed upon waking.

Vitality/sex drive/whatever you want to call it: I have energy all day and all night. That part about intelligence above just amplifies my difficulties here sometimes because if you don't have a girlfriend, you can't get a true release without a one night stand or f*** buddy. I sit in my bed very warmly with active & ready muscles and a racing mind. These indicate a fast metabolism, a fit muscular system, and an energetic mind. Those are good characteristics, no? Well, it keeps me up late at night, and it frequently leaves me feeling extremely full but unable to 'unload'. I'm trying not to make this dirty for the PC people who're disgusted by any mention of sex, but there's just no other way to put it.

Irregular body size: This is not my main complaint, but I threw it in as I was thinking of other effects of being healthy. I have had to resort to custom shoes so I have something to wear besides Vibram Five Fingers. My feet just don't fit comfortably in anything else, even most of the "minimalist" shoes. As for my pants and most shorts, I currently wear a waist size 38 despite being waist size 32 or so. Anything else is skin tight and looks ridiculous on me. Yes, I have tried "loose" style Levi's and other brands. They were still skin tight. I basically wear a 38 pair of wool trousers, a 38 pair of shorts, and basketball shorts. At least most shirts fit me.

Ok end of rant.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-11-2013 at 02:23 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I used to have issues with constant eating and hunger too, but I fixed that with daily fasting. I was literally eating a whole chicken and half a loaf of bread for lunch a couple years ago, and I couldn't fit that into a 15 minute break I got on a work day. I was constantly hungry. Then at bed time, I just wanted to eat instead of sleep. You can't sleep on an empty growling stomach...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    You sound sexually frustrated. For the pants, find a tailor to take in waists on your pants.

For dating? If you advertise being in the "top 5% intellectually" any smart girl is going to roll her eyes and date the nice guy with a sense of humility and humor. Arrogance is not sexy. The ability to laugh at yourself is. I mean, don't get me wrong, arrogant men get some sexy pieces of ass, but they aren't generally the smart girls you want.

Also, people are all smart in different ways. My husband is not the brightest at say, being well read, but he is an amazing photographer. I can't do finance, and "art" bores me, but I love history and sociology. Instead of advertising your overall intelligence, maybe think about looking for a girl with similar interests. Mostly you just want someone who isn't vapid and dull and those come in many packages.

And ummm
    Most of them are defected in some way, so I'm going waaay below my level just so I can get a little release.
    Ick. That attitude is just really assholeish. Apparently, you can't get laid so you put down the women that will sleep with you? I hope you are getting them off with multiple orgasms....

You need a good dose of humility and humble. There are a lot of guys with *very* nice bodies and nice personalities out there particularly in their early 20's. You have competition.

Kris C is offline Senior Member
    Well said, Magnolia! Wilton, get over yourself! Really, a cut-off on the woman's intelligence level? What about that perfect chick who falls into the 6% or 7% of top intelligence? You two could have had an amazingly fantastic life together, beautiful children, the white picket fence, but no, her IQ was a few points off. Seriously??? You seem to be a shallow ass.
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
    a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris C View Post
    get over yourself! .
    I'm afraid that was my reaction on reading your post too.

You might be a nice guy, but if you talk to the women you meet as if you're superior, then nobody is going to want to go out with you.

Michiel is offline Member
    I am gifted person myself and I consider myself high class, which leaves me with less than two percent of the population to build a serious relationship with.

That being said: you can't avoid dealing with people you don't like. I try my best to watch out for myself. It's understandable that you are proud, but make that come from self-confidence, not arrogance.

It can be an annoying world when your level of thinking is just higher, but don't let that ever make you arrogant. When inevitably the moment will come when you are wrong, or your ways over a long period of time were wrong, who are you then?

Don't let your gifts end up in this awful 'battle of the ego's' I see way to often. Put your energy in constructive things to better the world. Let your intellect flow instead of frustrate inside of you. That way from this 'five percent' or whatever you are in, you will meet many because you/we need each other.

Your post comes off a little arrogant, but I feel for you, because I have been there.

Try to be more extravert in whatever you do with your life is often the best advise! Don't get frustrated, because as said, people expressing their superiority aren't nice to hang around with!!
    Last edited by Michiel; 03-11-2013 at 06:07 AM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Even if you are looking for 1/1,000,000, that absolutely perfect-for-you woman, with a US population of 370mil, and approximately 50% female, there are still 185 women that will do it for you.

Given that typically most people marry those that they meet in college and at work, I'd say give it a little more time. Join a few clubs or groups. Foreign languages are great for meeting girls, both American and foreign.

Oh, and stop being an asshole. That'll help.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You sound like you just wish you had a girlfriend. I think what you truly need is an adventure. Get out of your comfort zone. Go backpacking around the world. You will meet amazing, learned people from all over the world, people that will blow your mind and help you see that you aren't as close to the top 5% as you thought you were. I'm not trying to cut you down. I was once under the impression that I was really smart but a little world travel taught me otherwise. There's a huge world out there of stuff I've never imagined or thought of or learned about. There is SO much more to learn. I'm sure it would be the same for you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    No offense, but judging by this trite, asinine, and childish rant written in a way that closely resembles a teenage angst blog post on a social networking site; you're not in the top 5% of anything. You're a lot more normal than you think, despite the fact you think no one understands you because you eat meat and vegetables.

I would suggest getting over your sense of self-entitlement.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris C View Post
    Well said, Magnolia! Wilton, get over yourself! Really, a cut-off on the woman's intelligence level? What about that perfect chick who falls into the 6% or 7% of top intelligence? You two could have had an amazingly fantastic life together, beautiful children, the white picket fence, but no, her IQ was a few points off. Seriously??? You seem to be a shallow ass.
    It might be politically incorrect, but that is the way it is. It's not that I just walk around checking people's IQs before going out with them. I've had lots of dates where a) there is physical attraction, b) we do get along and have fun, and c) they lose interest when they ask about what I do (I study physics) and overall she gets intimidated by my intelligence. I'm a friendly guy; this has nothing to do with bragging or pushing it out there. That whole meme that girls love nerds is truly a bunch of bull. And to round up the picture, I get bored talking to a lot of these girls. Not all. You don't have to be at the highest echelon to even have a conversation with me. Consider this bit about statistics though. Almost half of America is below average intelligence!

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast