Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 9

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Actually, what I've found is that there are lots of intelligent men out there who attracted to highly attractive women who are not bright. Maybe she is younger enough to be a trophy date or wife. She will listen to the guy tell her his life story and his opinions without interrupting the flow with her thoughts. There are probably more men looking for such women than women looking for "manly" men.

Women, on the other hand, are socialized to accept a mate who is less physically attractive than average, so long as he is at least minimally financially secure. However, women will often judge the financial security (or potential) of a man based on his apparent intelligence and social skills, which can go a long way toward making financial security a reality.

There are lots of guys whose primary "datability" criteria is appearance. They expect a woman to be hot. They figure they deserve a hot woman. And the fact is that there aren't enough hot women to go around so each guy who figures he deserves one can have one of his own.

If you are truly attracted to intelligent women, there is no shortage of intelligent women out there who are attracted to intelligent men. Such people are called "sapiosexuals". But better watch out, because they're smart as a whip.
    You're way off base.
    -Men get trophy wifes with their power not their intelligence. Suppose an intelligent guy was to go for the trophy wife though. How is this different from what I'm describing in my initial post? They're giving up searching for love, so lust will have to do.
    -Women might be socialized to go for those white knights in shining armor, but that is never what attracts them.
    -Not enough hot women to go around? You need to learn guy sexuality. Given enough motivation, just about anything will start looking hot. The fashion & thin crap that goes around in the media is a figment of women's imagination. Men don't think like that.
    -I'm not attracted to intelligence. I question the authenticity of most who claim sapiosexuality. I just like conversing with quick-witted, thoughtful beings.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-11-2013 at 07:30 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    You're way off base.
    -Men get trophy wifes with their power not their intelligence.
    -Women might be socialized to go for those white knights in shining armor, but that is never what attracts them.
    -Not enough hot women to go around? You need to learn guy sexuality. Given enough motivation, just about anything will start looking hot. The fashion & thin crap that goes around in the media is a figment of women's imagination. Men don't think like that.
    -I'm not attracted to intelligence. I question the authenticity of most who claim sapiosexuality. I just like conversing with quick-witted beings.-
    No doubt you are right. I am, after all, only a woman. What do I know about what women want?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    note, ekatherine, that all possessing uterii in this thread seem to be ignored unless it's to be disagreed with

'NOHHH I JUST WANT TO NOT WADE THROUGH PLEBIANS AND HAVE A HOT SMART WOMAN BUT I AM SURROUNDED BY PLEBES'

'dudebro. not attractive.'

'AGGGHHHH WHY DOESN'T ANYONE UNDERSTAND'

man says: 'brosef you're right, women only want money'

'I KNO RITE!'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

wiltondeportes Guest
    No doubt you are right. I am, after all, only a woman. What do I know about what women want?
    Don't take this as an insult to your intelligence, but women often do not know what women want when it comes to men. There's way more psychological training that parents, family, and society puts them through growing up. You even said it. "Women, on the other hand, are socialized to accept a mate who is less physically attractive than average, so long as he is at least minimally financially secure."

It's cliche, but women innately generally want the bull to knock them up and the stable guy to raise the family. Human nature's sexuality does not differ all that much from other animals. Given recent government's attempts to become everyone's daddy, they no longer need the stable guy so much, so many simply look for the bull. This is just one dichotomy. There's also power and independence/romantic elements to what makes up the picture of a 'bull' in primitive sexuality.

Also, women's wants will certainly change from when they are 18 years old to 22 years, to 30, to 40, to 50.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-11-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    You're way off base.
    I don't think you're in the position to tell a woman she is off base regarding what attracts women to men. You know... given the nature of your thread.

-Men get trophy wifes with their power not their intelligence. Suppose an intelligent guy was to go for the trophy wife though. How is this different from what I'm describing in my initial post? They're giving up searching for love, so lust will have to do.
    Yes it is true that men get TROPHY WIVES with power. However, much of the time this wealth and power is gained through intelligence of some sort.

Also, we are not only talking about what motivates a woman to be a trophy wife. We're saying that women are attracted to intelligence because it implies the *possibility* of power, at the very least. And power doesn't have to be being a CEO or multimillionaire ... power is mulch-faceted and can be as subtle as a man having power over his own life and where it leads him.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Don't take this as an insult to your intelligence, but women often do not know what women want when it comes to men.
    wow you are trolling
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I don't think you're in the position to tell a woman she is off base regarding what attracts women to men. You know... given the nature of your thread.

Yes it is true that men get TROPHY WIVES with power. However, much of the time this wealth and power is gained through intelligence of some sort.

Also, we are not only talking about what motivates a woman to be a trophy wife. We're saying that women are attracted to intelligence because it implies the *possibility* of power, at the very least. And power doesn't have to be being a CEO or multimillionaire ... power is mulch-faceted and can be as subtle as a man having power over his own life and where it leads him.
    This is la-la land. Why don't you:
    a) go down to the local college
    b) find the chess, math, and physics clubs
    c) poll them for sex frequency
    d) go find the football and basketball teams
    e) poll them for sex frequency

I would be really curious to see who comes out on top.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    wow you are trolling
    No, I am not. Women act on a more emotional level than men do. They're conscious desire may not be the true desire that lies beneath their emotions. Should something/someone arise that sparks this hidden desire, they can change in an instant.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I'm probably female too. At least, based on my avatar....

And wilton, I would have characterised eKatherine's post as being generalising stereotypes rather than 'way off base'.

Here's my attempt to restate them:

What men want in a woman: someone who trusts and supports them. In terms of babies, someone attractive means they will be more likely to have healthy offspring (incidentally, this kinda explains societies fetish of women 20-40yo being desirable. Since what you want isn't the woman herself, but her reproductive years. Post menopausal women are withered husks that have no value in this scenario)

What women want in a man: someone who cherishes and cares for them. In terms of babies, someone who can provide financially for their future offspring and themselves

Both stereotypes explain trophy wives.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have found men do not know what they want.

Men act on a more emotional level than women do. Their conscious desire is rarely the true desire that lies beneath their emotions. Should something or someone arise that sparks this hidden desire, they can change in an instant.

See, you found an ultimate truism of the human condition, and twisted it to make yourself look like a sexist rather than a genius.

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast