Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 8

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    When I read your post I can understand your pain. Girls, tattoos, piercings and that whole scene which I always feel so lonely in myself. Do me a favor and look up the word: meritocracy, and get over the fact that you are not fit for a low social standard.

You shouldn't put your energy in calling the less intelligent and lower class people out with strong words like: dumb, and what not. That's energy wasted, put it into something constructive: something intelligent, something green or something to stop low class indifference.

And you wrote that you are from the country. I am too, and I am 27 now. I wish when I was your age I could see how the ironical and indifferent attitude towards everything I find important, wasn't helping me and that, as mentioned before, I needed real humans, not humanoids (a bit of a negative and strong word though).

I am partially writing this too you to help myself. Hope it helps. Don't fall into ego traps of some reactions here. You are typing, you have time, be considerate, don't use strong words, watch yourself! Be humble yet realistic.
    I appreciate it. I do agree with you. If there's any difference in my posts, it's due to my fieriness.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    And to be sure, I have never 'ridden any poser.' I have had one partner -- and I'm proud of that fact. I chose carefully and wisely, because i know the potency of sex (something many men and women completely overlook).

I know some people see it as a disadvantage, but I didn't feel like being used or using anyone, and standing on my principles and understanding, went forward in the right path for me.

Reality? Not all "women" are silly poser-riders, and not all men are assholes who see women as commodities.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    haha that's an expression or idiom or whatever; I don't mean that girls literally mount the men who talk about global warming, just that they act as if that guy is so smart and informed.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    oh I have so much more to say but the sorceress is home from work and requires my attention. Will check back in later.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I am gifted person myself and I consider myself high class, which leaves me with less than two percent of the population to build a serious relationship with.

That being said: you can't avoid dealing with people you don't like. I try my best to watch out for myself. It's understandable that you are proud, but make that come from self-confidence, not arrogance.

It can be an annoying world when your level of thinking is just higher, but don't let that ever make you arrogant. When inevitably the moment will come when you are wrong, or your ways over a long period of time were wrong, who are you then?

Don't let your gifts end up in this awful 'battle of the ego's' I see way to often. Put your energy in constructive things to better the world. Let your intellect flow instead of frustrate inside of you. That way from this 'five percent' or whatever you are in, you will meet many because you/we need each other.

Your post comes off a little arrogant, but I feel for you, because I have been there.

Try to be more extravert in whatever you do with your life is often the best advise! Don't get frustrated, because as said, people expressing their superiority aren't nice to hang around with!!
    Hopefully the top 2% that you date can spell ---because you can't. you higher than thous kill me......
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Michiel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Hopefully the top 2% that you date can spell ---because you can't. you higher than thous kill me......
    I am Dutch.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I am Dutch.
    The plot thickens...

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Hey wiltondeportes... I have a narrow foot and find it hard to find shoes that fit... my legs are also long and my waist too small, so it's an effort to find pants that are small enough but long enough (I gave up, now apart from gym wear, I only wear dresses and skirts). I also get looked at like I'm growing a second nose when I choose a healthy meal instead of a pizza/pasta when out with friends.

I'm sure we'd get along with all our similar woes!

On a serious note... this thread was just jaw-droppingly sad and funny at the same time. I don't know what else to add that hasn't been mentioned already, but how about viewing women as individuals with their own intelligence to offer, as opposed to our own judgement of what they need to be intelligent in?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Well, when you come on and bitch that you can't find a date and have to "lower yourself" to fucking less desirables because you are in some self made upper echelon of the top 5% of smart people in the world, people probably won't be very nice. Lets not forget that intelligence is subjective and multifaceted and not objective.
    This. Exactly.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Women are generally more capable of dating a less intelligent person because they are their lovable 'manly' men.
    Actually, what I've found is that there are lots of intelligent men out there who attracted to highly attractive women who are not bright. Maybe she is younger enough to be a trophy date or wife. She will listen to the guy tell her his life story and his opinions without interrupting the flow with her thoughts. There are probably more men looking for such women than women looking for "manly" men.

Women, on the other hand, are socialized to accept a mate who is less physically attractive than average, so long as he is at least minimally financially secure. However, women will often judge the financial security (or potential) of a man based on his apparent intelligence and social skills, which can go a long way toward making financial security a reality.

There are lots of guys whose primary "datability" criteria is appearance. They expect a woman to be hot. They figure they deserve a hot woman. And the fact is that there aren't enough hot women to go around so each guy who figures he deserves one can have one of his own.

If you are truly attracted to intelligent women, there is no shortage of intelligent women out there who are attracted to intelligent men. Such people are called "sapiosexuals". But better watch out, because they're smart as a whip.

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast