Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 6

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    It might be politically incorrect, but that is the way it is. It's not that I just walk around checking people's IQs before going out with them. I've had lots of dates where a) there is physical attraction, b) we do get along and have fun, and c) they lose interest when they ask about what I do (I study physics) and overall she gets intimidated by my intelligence. I'm a friendly guy; this has nothing to do with bragging or pushing it out there. That whole meme that girls love nerds is truly a bunch of bull. And to round up the picture, I get bored talking to a lot of these girls. Not all. You don't have to be at the highest echelon to even have a conversation with me. Consider this bit about statistics though. Almost half of America is below average intelligence!
    I get where you are coming from because I have a high opinion of my own intelligence as well . I also had a previous girlfriend who didn't feel she was smart enough to fit in with me and the rest of my family (since we are all smart).

Some points to note:
    1. You do come across as arrogant in your post, and I have to say, that is very unsexy to a potential partner

2. Being smart is overrated. I mean sure, I value it highly and so do you, but it's not the be-all and end-all of life. There are other characteristics of people that are more important, like being compassionate and funny.

3. Speaking of which, you know what girls DO like? People who can make them laugh. That's a worthwhile use of your big brain right there.

"That whole meme that girls love nerds is truly a bunch of bull. "
    4. That's funny because most people I know ARE nerds, and the boy-nerds among us are mostly happily married. Being a nerd isn't a stigma unless you watch too much television aimed at teens (hint: the TV tells you lies). Being a nerd is more of a sick brag about your current/future earning potential than anything else. p.s. My defintion of 'nerd' is someone who likesd playing Dominion, Settlers of Catan or Ticket to Ride.

5. I also agree with sbhikes that the subtext of your post seems to be 'why can't I get a good girlfriend'. Rephrasing that as 'why am I too intelligent for a girlfriend' might be more flattering for your ego, but it's self-deceit you are engaging in, and what's more, you are wanting the wrong thing. Having a girlfriend isn't the most important thing in the world. I actually think that having a girlfriend is really only important with respect to meeting the future person you want to grow old and die with. Not to gratify your immediate 'fuck buddy' needs or however you tastefully put it.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 03-11-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Procure some psilocybe mushrooms and eat them. Report back when this task is completed.
    seconded.

also...

"Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

smart people in general have a hard time.

success comes naturally to them because they learn at an early age that no one wants to play with them so they figure out how to make something awesome.
    I don't know where you find this to be true, but in general around here, learning on your own makes people think that you are weird and crazy.

also intelligence typically confers maltreatment and abuse at the hands of the great-many mediocre.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Oddly enough, in terms of girl-stuff, I have to agree with Mr Perfidy.

The question, really, is whether you are using those processes to your best advantage. The real process here is to A. really know what you are looking for and how to identify it; and B. figure out how to test for it effectively.

What Mr Perfidy has described about his partner is that his time playing around (doing the no-girls, be cold/aloof which 'tricks' certain kinds of women in one way -- btw, the kind of girl you don't want; doing the male-player thing, which atracts certain kinds of women in another way -- btw, the kind of girl you don't want) ultimately reveals the girl you do want.

But here is the irony: i suspect that you are overlooking her. As Mr Perfidy says, his partner can *see right through him* -- and ultimately, that's what you are looking for. My partner says the same of me -- and I sure as hell dont' fall for the "cold/aloof" or "the player" -- that is what less intelligent men do to work within the social idea that women are commodities (in terms of sexual pleasure, social trophies, etc). And this girl is *entirely uninterested* in that sh*t.

As another gifted/mensa/highly educated person (who, btw is also blond with big boobs so most people suspect her to be rather dumb, and also teaches yoga which is not exactly a profession that people link with intelligence) who is also a woman -- the reality is that I was also *testing out* the males in my life.

There were lots of nice men out there -- physically attractive, intelligent, capable, etc. LOTS of them. In fact, I could have had my pick 1,000 ways. Truth is, I knew what I wanted -- which was not to be thought of as a commodity.

I think that's what you want -- since you talk about the unification process -- and I suggest you figure out what the female version of that will look like in your context. It is, for example, Shiva discovering Kali. Do you know the story?

Durga, earth mother, rider of tigers, carrier of the sword of truth was sent out to destroy a demon (illusion) who was causing a mess among the humans. She took with her every weapon of all the gods and goddesses. Off she rides on her tiger to confront the demon, but is unable to do anything. Every time a drop of the demon's blood hits the ground, another one of him springs up.

In Durga's wrath, Kali leaps from her head. THis is the wild woman -- eyes lolling, tongue waggling, blue skinned and fearsome. She leapt upon the demon and suck him dry of his blood. Again and again, until all were destroyed.

Kali now was entirely frenzied and drunk with the blood of this demon. She laughed and danced and continued to do so. All of the gods and goddesses were terrified, as there was nothing that they could do to stop her, and she risked destroying the very cosmos in her dance.

At this point, Shiva -- who, as usual, had been wandering the mountains -- decided to see what was going on. Before him he saw a most powerful goddess, dancing in her power. Aroused, he lay on the ground -- bright, golden, and erect -- and as she danced upon him. . .

He Laughed.

At that moment, she stopped immediately, and her face snapped tot he location of the sound of that laughter. Their eyes met, and thus began the great marriage between Kali and Shiva.

----

Now, I'll tell you this. Mr Perfidy very likely lives this story, because he says that his partner can see right through him. Any illusions that he would seek to create about himself (or her) are easily destroyed. She knows the truth as rightly as she knows herself. This requires intelligence, but moreso, it requires wildness.

And in it's partnership, it likewise requires Wildness. Shiva is the wild wanderer (this is why he and Parvati were at such odds -- she is the goddess of culture and social order -- shiva barely fits). Shiva is the creator (direction/masculine energy) as well as the destroyer (metabolism). Kali is the primodial creative force (the seat of compassion) and also the destroyer of illusion. They go together, those two. They are both strong, clear, and *wild*.

I suggest, you start understanding what you are looking for. You are not looking for "intelligent." You are looking for Wild. And I don't mean the trite "wild girl" (ie, how poor Lindsay Lohan behaves). You are looking for the innate, deep, cosmic wildness that destroys illusions.

And in order to attract Kali -- you better f*cking step up to being Shiva, or she isn't looking at you twice.
    Last edited by zoebird; 03-11-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: to correct the spelling of Perfidy, as per respectfulness. ;)

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Hi. I am smart, I am hot, with the possible exception of being too old for you (26) I meet your various requirements. And I would not date you. Your attitude sucks. In your original post you complain that intelligent women who meet your exacting standards are too busy working or studying for you to meet them. This is false. When I was 22 I went to bars and had a grand old time. I also played intramural sports, had a job, did volunteer work, was part of a social club, etc. You want to meet a vibrant, intelligent, attractive woman? Get a job, join a study group, join a club, DO SOMETHING. People of either gender who complain about how hard it is to meet someone and never actually make an effort to do so are acting like idiots, regardless of how "intelligent" they are. Maybe you won't meet THE ONE right away, but the more people you meet overall, the greater likelihood you will actually meet someone compatible. If you wait for the right person to just fall into your lap, you are a fool.

A woman who is bored when you talk about physics, isn't dumb, she just doesn't care about physics. I am perfectly capable of understanding discussions about physics, golf, video games, etc. I just have no real interest in those things. Not conversations I want to have when I am first getting to know a guy. People telling you travel and explore are doing so because being intelligent does not make someone interesting.

Further, while I understand that the way you present yourself here is probably different from the way you present yourself in real life situations, if ANY of the arrogance and sexism from the posts you have made here comes through, smart women will pick up on that. I'm sure you've heard before that confidence is attractive while arrogance is not. Maybe you are actually a really awesome dude, but you seem like a dick here, so try not to seem like a dick in real life.

I have no interest in debating the "logic" that leads you to believe that your dating pool is so limited. But I find it odd that someone as smart as you feel you are would not use the data you have presented as an impetus to try HARDER than someone with less stringent standards.
    I do have a job, I do go to school, I volunteer time at local children's receiving/group home, and I'm in a couple athletic groups (one's a martial arts school, one's a sports club I'm just getting started). You don't have to lecture me on how to meet people.

I don't literally talk about quantum entanglement or super symmetry unless she specifically asked (only maybe 1 so far has). I say I study physics, and a lot of girls are not impressed by that. I cannot tell you how many dumb girls I've heard say they want tattoos, piercings, and a job in military/fire/police/construction. Of course, I understand what that comes from... They want a rougher guy with physical strength and a bit of an edge. I have that, but in title I'm a physics guy. Girls do get intimidated.

Please explain my arrogance and sexism if you will. I've stuck to the truth as far as I can tell. I'm not here to impress, influence, or appease.

And that last part about confidence made me LOL. Confidence? That's one of the biggest loads of crap fed to anyone wanting to learn "how to meet girls". Proper confidence is just a result of being competent in some form, whether it be knowledge or skill based. Girls want confidence for the same reason they want uniqueness; it's a sign of being competent and potentially alpha to their primitive brain. If your confidence is coming from a place of 'being confident just to be confident', you're generally an asshat. That's generally what women will see as cockiness. However sometimes you might have a legit reason to be cocky, so they would then just be hating on your power. So I would tell anyone listening; don't be confident, be competent.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-11-2013 at 03:31 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    And while it may appear this was all about women, it wasn't folks. There was a recent incident with me that sparked the thread, but I truly was commenting on how the healthiness of your own body has unfortunate consequences in this society. I wish it wasn't so, but you must conform, go broke, or get rich.

This destruction of illusion moksha that you're rapping is the essence of my username, so why can't you write it correctly? LOL why do you have to dis me?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    At this point, Shiva -- who, as usual, had been wandering the mountains -- decided to see what was going on. Before him he saw a most powerful goddess, dancing in her power. Aroused, he lay on the ground -- bright, golden, and erect -- and as she danced upon him. . .

He Laughed.

At that moment, she stopped immediately, and her face snapped tot he location of the sound of that laughter. Their eyes met, and thus began the great marriage between Kali and Shiva.
    story time!

TELL ANOTHER ONE
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I don't know where you find this to be true, but in general around here, learning on your own makes people think that you are weird and crazy.

also intelligence typically confers maltreatment and abuse at the hands of the great-many mediocre.
    I would have to say that this is true in my experience, and I think it's "double" for girls.

Being an intelligent girl is a *real problem* socially, in my experience. What I learned early on was to cover it up, try to hide it, and by all means do not show anyone that you are intelligent in the first few times you meet them. This is even true of teachers. One's best bet is to be as invisible as possible in terms of intelligence. It doesn't necessarily mean "playing dumb" -- I never really could do that. But instead being the "quiet one" seemed to work out ok.

So the reality is that you may be dating very intelligent people who have learned to get by (to avoid various social policing and aggression) by being amorphous in social settings, or quiet, or distant/aloof, and related.

A person whom you date may not be . . . what's the word. . . completely open about her abilities until you've proven yourself to her (again, shiva-style if *that* is the sort of woman that you want -- it's ok if you want parvati, or sita, or radha or even rati for that matter). And that might take a fair amount of time.

Because the last thing she wants is to have to go all Carrie on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    This destruction of illusion moksha that you're rapping is the essence of my username, so why can't you write it correctly? LOL why do you have to dis me?
    I just realized it, and was just about to edit for that! I'll do it now, ok?

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast