Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 48

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Unless it is self-defense, violence is an act of aggression, why do you believe that humans cannot evolve past resorting to physical violence to solve all of their problems?
    If only we could make people better and kinder and gentler than humans have ever been before...

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Are arrests not self-defense provided by the state?
    There are many, many instances of unprovoked violence from police and other government agents towards non-violent and innocent victims. How many drug raids must happen where police break into people's homes, kill their dogs, shoot aimlessly at anything moving, only to be at the wrong address and not be held accountable? That's only one example.

There's no way any silly "non-aggression principle" is going to keep all people from competing. Aggression is a competitive advantage and will always exist because of the human arm race.
    NAP is not a guarantee that all people will be civilized. There is no such thing as Utopia under any ideology. You must learn to protect yourself and your property, but we must change the hearts and minds of people through education, not through archaic physical methods.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    If only we could make people better and kinder and gentler than humans have ever been before...
    We kind of are. I think we're more civilized and compassionate now than in all of history despite our perpetual war state.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

We kind of are. I think we're more civilized and compassionate now than in all of history despite our perpetual war state.
    Well, if you think it, it must be true.

wiltondeportes Guest
    If he ever violated the NAP in any way, then yes. I have no gods or demigods. No one is sacred and exempted from the NAP, in my view.
    That wasn't the point. He protested government without aggressive force. You have options if you wish to not participate in modern civilization. It is only your lack of desire to pursue them that makes you not attain them.

BS. All smoke and mirrors. Capitalism holds civilization together far more than the state does. If the state disappeared tomorrow, no one, except government employees, would even notice.
    And what holds capitalism together? Goodwill sure doesn't. Government holds capitalism together. So you're saying that capitalism has far more power than the government in modern civilization, right? Isn't this a good thing for you? Small government, big business.

My husband works towards bringing singularity to fruition. It's a controversial subject. I do know that if the state conquers that frontier first, it will not be good for humankind.
    That's like saying you are building a space shuttle to traverse the universe. Fun idea but totally meaningless for a long time. The singularity is not even guaranteed to happen, just like a complete universe transnavigation.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Did you read Daniel Quinn, or is that coincidence?

Well, if you think it, it must be true.
    Humans have a long way to go, but I really do think we can move past the horrendousness. Maybe not in our lifetime, but I already see gigantic leaps towards it in the past few years.

Did you read Daniel Quinn, or is that coincidence?
    Since you were in diapers.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Really? Perhaps we are more pacified than ever before by our incredible wealth granted to us at birth. We didn't choose the wealth, we were given it at birth!!!!! Thanks to the incredible wealth, we don't feel the need to compete very much anymore, which brings its own problems like obesity and a disconnection from real life. Take away our government, and you take away our wealth. Take away our wealth, and you take away our compassion.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That wasn't the point. He protested government without aggressive force. You have options if you wish to not participate in modern civilization. It is only your lack of desire to pursue them that makes you not attain them.
    Why should one have to go to great extremes to be free? If you want to live in the wilderness, you're still trespassing on some government's property. You're just dodging them. You shouldn't have to.

And what holds capitalism together? Goodwill sure doesn't. Government holds capitalism together. So you're saying that capitalism has far more power than the government in modern civilization, right? Isn't this a good thing for you? Small government, big business.
    The government holds corporatism together, not capitalism. We don't live in a capitalistic society, we live in a fascist society.

That's like saying you are building a space shuttle to traverse the universe. Fun idea but totally meaningless for a long time. The singularity is not even guaranteed to happen, just like a complete universe transnavigation.
    At least some are willing to try...

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast