Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 668

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 47

  1. #461
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    People choose to join those gangs though. Just like people choose not to join them. You can't choose to not be in the state's gang in one way or another. You can't compete with your own currency, you can't not go to their schools, you can't keep your earnings, you can't live anywhere or build anything without their permission.
    Yes you can! Choose to not join them, and see what happens. You can either join another country, or you can fight them yourself.

    Sounds tough, huh? Maybe you should start a gang to support this new lifestyle. But what, that wouldn't be an anarchist system if you have any rules within your gang, and what gang works without rules?

    From your standpoint, yes, the government is a gang. That's life.

  2. #462
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    In a voluntary society you can choose to not participate in any sort of community or tribe or organization or group; in today's society, you have no choice. You are a part of the one and only choice whether you want to be or not. Today, you can choose which plantation you want to live in for the most part, but you are still enslaved.
    Homeless people aren't enslaved. Why don't you just become homeless? Then, you will never have to worry about any sort of community or tribe taking away your god-given liberties.

  3. #463
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    I would like to add an addendum to my "what is wrong with America" thread. Every American should get in at least 10 fistfights, and then they will know that forceful competition is inevitable.

  4. #464
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Yes you can! Choose to not join them, and see what happens. You can either join another country, or you can fight them yourself.
    That's an act of aggression. If everyone defended themselves, much like 50% of households in Switzerland, these situations would be nearly nonexistent.

    From your standpoint, yes, the government is a gang. That's life.
    That's outmoded life. The way of the future is in voluntary exchange. Slavery is so 17th century BS.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  5. #465
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Homeless people aren't enslaved. Why don't you just become homeless? Then, you will never have to worry about any sort of community or tribe taking away your god-given liberties.
    Homeless people are arrested all the time, what makes them exempt from violating the law? Police brutally beat homeless people all. the. time. Enough that it's not rare, anyway. I'd argue that many homeless people have even less freedoms than those with a home.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  6. #466
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Homeless people are arrested all the time, what makes them exempt from violating the law? Police brutally beat homeless people all. the. time. Enough that it's not rare, anyway. I'd argue that many homeless people have even less freedoms than those with a home.
    How is an arrest or beating different from tribal violence though? Even on the street, where you work for no one and survive off the land almost like a hunter-gatherer, they find there are still rules.

  7. #467
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    How is an arrest or beating different from tribal violence though? Even on the street, where you work for no one and survive off the land almost like a hunter-gatherer, they find there are still rules.
    Unless it is self-defense, violence is an act of aggression, why do you believe that humans cannot evolve past resorting to physical violence to solve all of their problems? Even the military is getting over that; wars of the future (if governments still existed) will be fought with robots and A.I. You are living in the past, my friend.

    The one and only universal rule: The non-aggression principle. That's the only rule needed. No rulers needed to enforce it. People can learn to practice and enforce it themselves without turning to a gang that has a monopoly on violence to do it for them.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  8. #468
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    That's an act of aggression. If everyone defended themselves, much like 50% of households in Switzerland, these situations would be nearly nonexistent.
    Would you consider Gandhi to be aggressive?

    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    That's outmoded life. The way of the future is in voluntary exchange. Slavery is so 17th century BS.
    It's currently not outmoded. Government sustains all infrastructure which holds modern civilization together.

    The *future* is actually an interesting question, but it's not as simple as slapping wishful, naive thinking onto it. Technology will surely continue to improve. If we reached a singularity, stuff will change, and I haven't thought enough about it to decide what it might look like.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

  9. #469
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Unless it is self-defense, violence is an act of aggression, why do you believe that humans cannot evolve past resorting to physical violence to solve all of their problems? Even the military is getting over that; wars of the future (if governments still existed) will be fought with robots and A.I. You are living in the past, my friend.

    The one and only universal rule: The non-aggression principle. That's the only rule needed. No rulers needed to enforce it. People can learn to practice and enforce it themselves without turning to a gang that has a monopoly on violence to do it for them.
    Are arrests not self-defense provided by the state?

    And I don't believe humans always resort to physical violence. I do believe they are completely tied to competition, of which physical violence is only a form. Political and economic aggression are just as brutal as physical aggression, only they are more indirect. There's no way any silly "non-aggression principle" is going to keep all people from competing. Aggression is a competitive advantage and will always exist because of the human arm race.

  10. #470
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Would you consider Gandhi to be aggressive?
    If he ever violated the NAP in any way, then yes. I have no gods or demigods. No one is sacred and exempted from the NAP, in my view.

    It's currently not outmoded. Government sustains all infrastructure which holds modern civilization together.
    BS. All smoke and mirrors. Capitalism holds civilization together far more than the state does. If the state disappeared tomorrow, no one, except government employees, would even notice.

    The *future* is actually an interesting question, but it's not as simple as slapping wishful, naive thinking onto it. Technology will surely continue to improve. If we reached a singularity, stuff will change, and I haven't thought enough about it to decide what it might look like.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
    My husband works towards bringing singularity to fruition. It's a controversial subject. I do know that if the state conquers that frontier first, it will not be good for humankind.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •