Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 37

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I've been in a lot of situations where everyone is civilized and no one is governed.
    And this, Mr. Perfidy, sir is the smartest thing I've ever seen you write.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Bloodorchid, want to be the third? ;-)

Sent via F-22 Raptor

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    high fives! woo!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Wilt, do you want some personal training on this?
    I'd be willing to forward our awkward PM exchange to Mr. Anthony for a personal consultation for you Wilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    People seem to be getting dumber though

Also, I'm not even going to inseminate anyone. Fuck this planet.
    Well there's one entity you're willing to inseminate.

Jokes, carry on all. Very interesting read.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    How would a civilization stay together without government?

The social contract was an influential force during the forming of the early United States of America, which is where many basic libertarians base their views. (In other words, call social contract theory hogwash, and your whole libertarian theory is hogwash). The only problem with this nostalgia is the pair of rose-colored glasses they have on. Government was not as libertarian then as many people want their government to be today. *Furthermore*, the word government oversummarizes the different roles of government. Some parts of government excel with less rules, some parts of government excel with more. This moderate view is the one I hold and ultimately still the spirit of the founding fathers.

I'm just curious what your particular brand of libertarianism is though. You say it's anti-government. How is this different from anarchism? What do you value about government? Because typically, that sort of person will spout social contract theory. Or if they are *really* deluded, they simply skip over that and think that humans can come together and achieve great things (Nietzsche and Aristotle theory) without having a solid rule base down first. Rather than morally wrong, those people are just factually wrong.
    What a joke. The fact that human nature is hierarchic in a hierarchic society does not mean that a hierarchic division of people among different tasks is necessary for social life. It's not the capitalist institutions which satisfy human needs. It is the working people of capitalist society who shape themselves to fit the institutions of capitalist society.

Your idea that civilization always defaults to a state, or a government, is metaphysical, non-empirical, ahistoric definition based on no facts and useless assumptions. Your entire post was full of slippery slope fallacies. Explain your stance on why this takes place, and leave your useless assumptions behind. Not interested in answering loaded questions.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by heregoesnothing View Post
    Well there's one entity you're willing to inseminate.

Jokes, carry on all. Very interesting read.
    Definitely. Best way to wage an ideological war across the world trying to homogenize the entire world into anarchists, is to make a bunch of Derpamix's

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    What a joke. The fact that human nature is hierarchic in a hierarchic society does not mean that a hierarchic division of people among different tasks is necessary for social life. It's not the capitalist institutions which satisfy human needs. It is the working people of capitalist society who shape themselves to fit the institutions of capitalist society.

Your idea that civilization always defaults to a state, or a government, is metaphysical, non-empirical, ahistoric definition based on no facts and useless assumptions. Your entire post was full of slippery slope fallacies. Explain your stance on why this takes place, and leave your useless assumptions behind. Not interested in answering loaded questions.
    I'd say that 80% of everyone I've ever met (across 3 countries, 40+ cities/towns/villages and Gods know how many cultures) panics in a situation of non-authority and seeks the authority of another before acting. It's why fashion trends emerge, why certain celebrities are loved or hated, how fads are formed, why people stay in abusive relationships, how pseudoscience is believed...etc
    Even in areas where there is no official authority, people look up to others. The most 'popular' choice becomes the popular authority. This authority can then get away with a metric-shit-tonne more abuse than your run-of-the-mill person can. Think of the 30bad crew. One normal person on the forums says they can't quit cooked food? Attacked by the community. Banned by the 'authorities'. People accept the decision. Their 'leaders' start eating cooked food? Cooked food good. Or of some of the dumb fashion trends people follow. Everyday person wears a bright pink jacket? Pink's not popular. Pink bad. Gross. Unfashionable. Don't be seen with it. Celebrity/local popular person/fashion designer wears a bright pink jacket? Bright pink jackets sell out. Everyone seen in one at some point. Everywhere makes their own version to sell. That same person who was 'gross' before, who is still just wearing the jacket because they want to? They're hot now.

Hell, I've worked out that, if you stand nearer the edge of the curb when waiting to cross, 8/10 people waiting next-to/behind you will NOT cross until you do so. When it's safe to cross before a car and I wait on the curb, the person behind me waits. When I step out and quickly move past a car that was getting pretty damn close, that person decides it's safe to cross and walks out after me. I've almost got people run over by doing that and sprinting in the last minute. Thrilling to watch such imbecility.

Most people choose to be ruled in matters where ruling is not enforced.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

if the people had the ability to organize themselves, some would choose communes and others would choose capitalist areas. As long as no government were involved, no one would be coerced into doing something that they don't want to. No useless taxes, no "social contracts" which I never signed, no brainwashing. People need to be liberated from enslavement. Their minds must be engaged.

Isolated examples don't mean everyone. People are already beginning to wake up. There is no phantom guiding me, there is just a need for freedom and affirmation for potential. Only the state and war mongering private corporations want war. Obama for example is a war criminal in every example of the term.

Do you ever wonder why the state slanders and yet fears anarchy and freedom so much? Hint: it's not because people are inherently violent savage creatures. They're the only violent savages around.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 09-11-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    if the people had the ability to organize themselves, some would choose communes and others would choose capitalist areas. As long as no government were involved, no one would be coerced into doing something that they don't want to. No useless taxes, no "social contracts" which I never signed, no brainwashing. People need to be liberated from enslavement. Their minds must be engaged.

Isolated examples don't mean everyone. People are already beginning to wake up. There is no phantom guiding me, there is just a need for freedom and affirmation for potential. Only the state and war mongering private corporations want war. Obama for example is a war criminal in every example of the term.
    I do think communes or tribes are the natural human state. I just also find that most people are incapable of fully independent action. My isolated examples are from across Gods know how many cultures and subcultures, hundreds of communities, 3 countries (physically), 20 countries (online) and tens of population centres. And I have met very few humans who do not seek leadership in even very simple matters.
    If your general person thought independently, there wouldn't be such a huge bias towards 'popular culture'. The most common diets, fanbases, music genres...etc would be the most common by a fraction of a percentage, not by a landslide. Yet your everyday delta seeks authority. Where they find no authority, they assign authority to one of those who desire it. Then they ask authority what they must do.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast