Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 31

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Lol. So you are trying to prove to everyone you are a douche then. Carry on. And also, it is "let's hear it" not "let's here it"... Since you are supposed to pretend you are smart on this board.
    It bet that makes you feel so good.

If you were actually following along with the whole conversation and listening to me, you would have seen that I wasn't being rejected by girls because of my intelligence, therefore your advice was useless. I was just bored and not connecting, which I said a few posts back was actually because I was closed off emotionally.

After that and your snobby correction, I'm just going to assume you're full of hot air.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Forget these fools, Wilton. They don't know what it's like to be superior in every way to all the people around them like you do. They have never been an island of spectacular, sparkling genius in a sea of dull, paisley averageness like you are. You asked for advice and they didn't answer with the exact thing you wanted to hear, so they're obviously wrong.
    I don't recall asking for advice... I was and always am open to it if it makes sense, but I didn't shut them down because I think I'm superior.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    When is a door not a door?
    When it's a jar. What's the difference between a virgin and a washing machine?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I was just bored and not connecting, which I said a few posts back was actually because I was closed off emotionally.
    There is an edge to certain types of really smart, well educated people that I don't respond well to. It's not a problem with them, it's just a bit of a personality trait I don't care for.

It sounds like you enjoy the company of women in Florida who are probably a little more down to earth than women in California (you are from California, correct?). I feel like southerners and Midwesterners tend to get a long, while east coasters and west coasters tend to get along.

Honestly, maybe you just need a change of geography. I mean, at some point you meet people you can relate to, but you need to keep your mind open and keep meeting different types until something clicks. But you also have to realize that if you don't connect with someone, that the problem is not with them (or you), it's just a miss. For example, artsy, hipster people make me cringe. It's not that they are bad, I just prefer the company of redneck types, LOL!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Seriously, Wilt, check out the exchange turquoisepassion and I had up there. Fun, light, easy. And we're both pretty smart folks. And now there's a hot Asian girl who will totally make out with me on her next Colorado hiking trip, or when we run into each other in Austin. Learn, buddy!
    :-D

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Lol. I see what you did there.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    For example, artsy, hipster people make me cringe. It's not that they are bad, I just prefer the company of redneck types
    You can hate hipsters with impunity. That's what they get for stealing PBR and flannel shirts.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    There is an edge to certain types of really smart, well educated people that I don't respond well to. It's not a problem with them, it's just a bit of a personality trait I don't care for.

It sounds like you enjoy the company of women in Florida who are probably a little more down to earth than women in California (you are from California, correct?). I feel like southerners and Midwesterners tend to get a long, while east coasters and west coasters tend to get along.

Honestly, maybe you just need a change of geography. I mean, at some point you meet people you can relate to, but you need to keep your mind open and keep meeting different types until something clicks. But you also have to realize that if you don't connect with someone, that the problem is not with them (or you), it's just a miss. For example, artsy, hipster people make me cringe. It's not that they are bad, I just prefer the company of redneck types, LOL!
    I hate that term 'down to earth'. It feels like celebrated stupidity the way I often hear it used.

Anyways, I think women in California are more power hungry, and women in Florida are sweeter, less fearful, less stuck up. It's not really accurate to call it feminism either. I met a couple girls last night who believed in feminist ideals yet retained their ladiness.

You're basically right on the part about 'misses'.

Actually, I met a couple guys at the bar that I had good conversations with too, and now I'm thinking that this phenomenon is not limited to females. But of course we are generalizing hardcore right now.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-10-2013 at 09:46 AM.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    When it's a jar. What's the difference between a virgin and a washing machine?
    Do I hear a punchline from 'The Campaign' coming?
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    Wow. I'll just suggest you get back out on the beach and learn to loosen up. Seems like you're the one with your panties in a bunch...
    No, how about you just leave the thread or get over it. I don't wear panties, so I'm good bro.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    so all that blabbing about life experience... was... correct?
    So if you say the government is doing something wrong, does that mean you're right and, you know what's going on?

By the way, I figured out that emotional thing before coming to Florida, so you're wrong even with the generalization you made.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-10-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast