Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 29

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty smart. THAT'S why I'm still single. Girls are nut jobs.
    One thing I have noticed is that my smart friends (meaning the full range of smart) tend to stay single unless they want kiddos. Their lives are very casual- a lot of friends, but very flexible relationships, for lack of a better word, lots of FWB type stuff. I think they like never having to compromise and the ability to live as they please.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    just uh.. add 'wo' every time he says man

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Is it actually the Ego thread ?

For some reasons, it reminds me of this punk band ... what was it ... ah yeah: Bad Brains!! I Against I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    he's very young and is trying to find himself

insert as much condescension into that sentence as you can
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I think most women would naturally want to gain their max potential from all relationships. This is not true for everyone, but I think it is true enough to establish a logical pattern for it. This potential is for the man to give resource, time, and energy to them. Women that are more developed will be more worth it because they can give more back.

The women you meet who just want to have sex are, on average, not as fully developed or complex as the women who just want relationships. Those two examples of women could get the same amount of sex. The difference is there is a greater value transfer towards the second woman, and there is probably a reason for that; she is worth it.

What makes you think I am using them? That might imply that I don't even talk to them and just use them physically, but I do connect on whatever level they are able to communicate on. It's consenual, so both sides have agreed they are getting enough out of it that they want to continue. There's nothing I'm saying to appear like I want a relationship if I really don't. There's really no element of 'using' them.

Zanna, you are falling into the trap of everyone else who thinks I'm being inhumane in my descriptions. I feel I'm being direct and cutting to the core of what I'm talking about. You and many others are not willing to see the core of humans, so you use a "stop-think" whenever you get close, and anyone who does not is seen as inhumane.
    I never thought I would encounter a rational choice theory application to sex/relationships on MDA... Talk about a buzzkill.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    buzzkill.
    what hast thou become, wilton

beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by accidentalpancake View Post
    I never thought I would encounter a rational choice theory application to sex/relationships on MDA... Talk about a buzzkill.
    Get over it.

By the way, I've spent almost a week in Florida now, and I have to say that women here are light years different. I'm thinking maybe west coast women just have their panties in a bunch.

so all that blabbing about life experience... was... correct?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Get over it.

By the way, I've spent almost a week in Florida now, and I have to say that women here are light years different. I'm thinking maybe west coast women just have their panties in a bunch.
    Wow. I'll just suggest you get back out on the beach and learn to loosen up. Seems like you're the one with your panties in a bunch...
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    It's cool to see you pick this back up, WD.

I agree with the article.

Personally, I think the biggest problem with gifted education and construct is that gifted people don't get mainstreamed. Mainstreaming -- a process that happens often with variously abled students -- brings about a cohesive sense among classrooms (and later in life) that everyone has some kind of talent and value, and that you can be friends with anyone.

I was raised mainstreamed; my husband was raised gifted. The suffering that being raised gifted brought him was hard-core. I can't explain all of it, but the angst that you describe here is basically it (not to mention a lot of anxiety about not living up to his potential/etc). I don't really have those hang ups -- about others or myself.

Basically, I like a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. I have friends at all intelligence levels and from all kinds of walks of life. Each one brings joy and richness to my life, and I enjoy their company. A lot of them do a LOT of things way better than I ever could, and what I do -- perhaps I do it better than they do. But at the end of the day, that doesn't matter. What matters is that we enjoy each other.

There are people out there in the world who are smarter than you. There are people who are more determined. There are people who are more successful. And there always will be. And, there are people who are not as smart, not as determined, and not as successful. But *all* of these people are really valuable, awesome people. You can enjoy them in a variety of ways -- including in a romantic, non-"fuck buddy" way.

All you have to do is get over yourself. That's really it. You get over the idea that the person you are with has to be "X." Consider other valuable attributes to you.

I say this because I have a friend. She's very special. She is totally unique. And, she also has a very specialized diet (for health reasons). The reason she has trouble meeting people is not because people aren't good enough, it's becuase *she believes* that people A. won't accept and/or understand her uniqueness, and B. won't accept and/or accommodate her unique dietary needs.

You might notice that the "dark side" of your rant is not that you are intelligent, but that you think your intelligence inhibits your ability to relate AND that it inhibits other people's ability to relate to you. Likewise, you might think that your diet won't be accepted or accommodated, rather than noting that most people really, truly don't care when it comes down to it, and it needn't inhibit you.

So basically, in order to "loosen up" -- you need to explore the "shadow sides" of these attributes that you prize and how those become excuses as to why you can't achieve what you want to achieve.
    I don't see it that way at all. I was as "mainstreamed" as anybody. I spent time in group homes, foster homes, and mostly grew up around rednecks. My elementary school had some semblance of a GATE program, but it essentially became "come to school an hour early and play on the computer". I also played sports basically every semester from 5th grade until 12th, and I became an Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts. My dad was cold asshole of an alcoholic. I grew up without a mom, without family. I've worked various 'dirty' jobs since the age of 16 (contrary to Mr. Perfidy's assumptions in another thread), and I have moved out and been self-sufficient since the age of 19. I was so mainstreamed that I was a shell of myself when I graduated high school, and it's taken me some time since then to unravel like a folded-up flag.

The bottom line for me is that I was closed off emotionally. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. I think everyone would see the world as grey if they did that. I'm also thinking that I was just meeting some true bitches because I've met a whole different kind of lady here in the South.

The point about intelligence still stands, but it doesn't lurk like a shadow in a dark alley.

Actually, everything still stands that I said. I should have known that no one here would appreciate a cocky comparison to society. Actually, I probably did, but I didn't really care, and I still don't.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-10-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I'm cocky as hell, but people (girls) like me. There's a difference between "fun cocky" and "d-bag cocky". It's a fine line; some people can't do it.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    What the fuck is up with OP. Reminds me of one of those fat atheists you see on OKCupid who decide they are incredibly smart and precious because they don't believe in god/gods.
    Atheist. Not fat.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Funny to see how a big egoic display fires up people, it never fails
    LOL. I'm on a bad computer right now, but I think this has gotten like 60 replies in the past two days.

It reminds me of how the sheepish public hates it any time an athlete shows some cockiness. Personally, I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I know I'm opening myself up for a personal attack by mentioning this Wilton, but reading this makes your PM's make a hulluva lot more sense. I will agree that disparities in intelligence make dating and mating difficult for you. But it's not just that you are more intelligent than everyone around you. Intellectually speaking, that may be true. But the real crux of your problem is that you lack emotional intelligence, and that's where you strike out relationally.
    I think you should look yourself in the mirror before making a claim like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I agree with you there. Most people who just LOVE to argue about politics are fake-intellectual charlatans that know only their own taste of kool-aid....I only talk politics with people who do it with seriousness, not sport.

I actually relate to the OP on this a little...will write a larger reply later. Gotta get back to work
    Let's hear it, brotha.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-10-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast