Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 21

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    "Step a little more this way....A liiiittle more this way. Now, put your foot on that twig."

*booby trap pulls her up into a tree*

My favorite form of BDSM.
    i thought you wanted to romance, not reenact Wrong Turn *chin rub*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Right...I'm being the douche.
    Now we're on the same page.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i thought you wanted to romance, not reenact Wrong Turn *chin rub*
    She'll give you all that she got to give
    But I'm gonna make it hard to live
    Big salty tears rollin' down to her chin
    And it smears up her make-up
    I never wanted
    So we ran away
    And I'm sorry when I say, that straight to this very day
    It was the wrong way

I tell my lies, and I despise
    Every second I'm with you
    So I run away and you still stay
    So what the f--- is with you?  

that's a love song right there
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    I tell my lies, and I despise
    Every second I'm with you
    So I run away and you still stay
    So what the f--- is with you?  

that's a love song right there

Here's a sweet little love tune I whistle to attract ladies. It's very friendly and settling for a girl naturally started by my looks.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Now we're on the same page.
    That's low...

haha

yeah it's so far an effective relaxing background noise
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Katrina422 is offline Junior Member
    Laughing at whom?
    Sorry I didn't specify. I'd be laughing at the fellow striding in and quoting Jack London at me. It amuses me when people do weird things, I think I'd get a real kick out of that.

denise is offline Senior Member
    ok. NO longer even mildly amusing. One to "stop bothering to read".

wiltondeportes Guest
    Looking back on this thread, I sound like such a prick. I don't care because, in a setting like this, I'm all about the truth and not about the reputation.

I only wanted to revive it because I found an article today that shocked me. They used almost exactly the same method for explaining why intelligent people have a hard time dating.

My quote
    Intelligence: I could apologize all day for bragging and supply evidence so the reader knows this is not a delusion of my own, but I won't for the sake of brevity. Let's just accept I'm in the top 5 percentile of intelligence (could be anywhere in there; could be #1 ever, could be the last guy to make it). If I'm going to have a girlfriend and not a f*** buddy, that means we need to get along, laugh at each others jokes and be on the same wavelength. Let's just assume that means we need close to equal intelligence. I've already limited the field to 5% of women if we assume the distribution is the same for women and men. For one, women are generally more capable of dating a less intelligent persons because they are their lovable 'manly' men. For two, what are intelligent women my age (22) doing? Are they out having fun on Friday nights or even out on Fridays at 4 going to the grocery store? No, they're in school, working on something after school, or simply at work. And how many of that 5% are off the market anyways? That number means 5 in 100. Let's say 2 out of 5 are too busy to ever get out much (that might be very conservative), 2 out of 5 do have serious relationships, and 1 out of the 5 is physically unattractive to me (and 1 out of 5 are low standards...come on). So what are my odds of finding a girlfriend right now before we factor in anything else about the situation? Technically 0 in 100. Less than 10 in 1000. So essentially, I'm learning more and more that I have to just ignore the search for a great mental connection in the interest of at least getting laid and feeling some sort of intimacy at all. I'm 22...sh*t, I can't miss out on those good things while waiting for love if it ever effing comes. That's not a totally rosy path either though. How many ladies are just looking to hook up? And what percentage of them are weird or shady? Most of them are defected in some way, so I'm going waaay below my level just so I can get a little release.
    Huffington Post's quote
    Dr. Alex Benzer: Why The Smartest People Have The Toughest Time Dating
    5. By virtue (or vice) of being smart, you eliminate most of the planet's inhabitants as a dating prospect

Let's say by 'smart' we mean 'in the top 5% of the population in terms of intelligence and education'. Generally speaking, smart people seek out other smart people to hang out with, simply because they get bored otherwise. And if they're going to spend a lot of time with someone, intelligence in a partner is pretty much a requirement.

Well, congratulations -- you've just eliminated 95% of the world's population as a potential mate, Mr or Ms Smartypants. Now, luckily, the world's kinda big, so the remaining 5% of the gender of your choice is still a plentiful 160 million or so people. Even if only 1% of those are single enough, good-looking enough, local enough and just all-around cool enough for you, that's over a million people you can date out there.

Still, that's less than one in five thousand people. And if you live in a smaller city, it may be just a handful of folks who are going to meet your stringent criteria.

At this point, you have three choices:

A) Loosen up

B) Do a very thorough search all over the planet and be prepared to move to Duesseldorf OR

C) Join a monastery.

My hearty recommendation is choice A. The purpose of relationship (and perhaps all of life) is to practice the loving. No partner is going to be 100% perfect anyway, so learn to appreciate people for what they have to offer, not what they don't. And love them for that. That's what real loving is.

Nobody's asking to lower your standards here; you should still spend time only with worthwhile company. But do question the standards to see whether they're serving you or you're serving them.
    And ultimately, I have to agree with their conclusion now.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-07-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast