Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 2

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    No offense, but judging by this trite, asinine, and childish rant written in a way that closely resembles a teenage angst blog post on a social networking site; you're not in the top 5% of anything. You're a lot more normal than you think, despite the fact you think no one understands you because you eat meat and vegetables.

I would suggest getting over your sense of self-entitlement.
    I'm not entitled you jack*ss. Ok I'll stop commenting in this thread if no one is going to take what I am saying seriously.

PS- Michiel, thank you. I'm very far from arrogant about this, but how am I going to get all that information across on the internet without being blunt?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    For dating? If you advertise being in the "top 5% intellectually" any smart girl is going to roll her eyes and date the nice guy with a sense of humility and humor. Arrogance is not sexy. The ability to laugh at yourself is. I mean, don't get me wrong, arrogant men get some sexy pieces of ass, but they aren't generally the smart girls you want.

Ick. That attitude is just really assholeish. Apparently, you can't get laid so you put down the women that will sleep with you? I hope you are getting them off with multiple orgasms....

You need a good dose of humility and humble. There are a lot of guys with *very* nice bodies and nice personalities out there particularly in their early 20's. You have competition.

Yup, I pretty much quit reading after the "top 5% intellectually" bit. *eyeroll*

I'm sorry, OP. You sound like a real douche. I wouldn't date you either.

Edit: Ok, maybe I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it doesn't translate well via the internet, but still... I just want to shake my head and say "OMG, your life is SO HARD!" (With sarcasm, of course.)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I'm not entitled you jack*ss. Ok I'll stop commenting in this thread if no one is going to take what I am saying seriously.
    If you really were that intelligent, you wouldn't attach an arbitrary number to describe it, such as "top 5%". Not only are you unable of actually knowing this, but intelligence is capable of atrophying, and given that, it's capable of expanding too. In fact, reading your original post had a net negative on my intelligence that I will have to make up for by drinking more coffee.

You are entitled, because you don't think you can ever be with any that you deem is less intelligent than you are. Intelligence has a lot more to it than what you perceive. Maturity is one aspect in which you definitely seem to fall short on.

I consider myself quite intelligent, because, I've always been perceptive, imaginative, and capable of absorbing and remembering all things with little difficulty. Yet, I still fall way short in other areas which I will work on. I don't automatically go out searching for a mate that will match myself in these regards, believe it or not but you're capable of having meaningful conversations with people lesser learned than yourself, and who knows, in other areas they may just surprise you. Granted, a lot of people are shallow nowadays, and I don't like to give those much credit, but there are still meaningful relationships to be found, and I don't think you mean to say intelligence this way. Avoiding those people is a lot easier than you make it out to be.
    nihil

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    If you really were that intelligent, you wouldn't attach an arbitrary number to describe it, such as "top 5%". Not only are you unable of actually knowing this, but intelligence is capable of atrophying, and given that, it's capable of expanding too. In fact, reading your original post had a net negative on my intelligence that I will have to make up for by drinking more coffee.

You are entitled, because you don't think you can ever be with any that you deem is less intelligent than you are. Intelligence has a lot more to it than what you perceive. Maturity is one aspect in which you definitely seem to fall short on.

I consider myself quite intelligent, because, I've always been perceptive, imaginative, and capable of absorbing and remembering all things with little difficulty. Yet, I still fall way short in other areas which I will work on. I don't automatically go out searching for a mate that will match myself in these regards, believe it or not but you're capable of having meaningful conversations with people lesser learned than yourself, and who knows, in other areas they may just surprise you. Granted, a lot of people are shallow nowadays, and I don't like to give those much credit, but there are still meaningful relationships to be found, and I don't think you mean to say intelligence this way. Avoiding those people is a lot easier than you make it out to be.
    You think I believe a measurable form of intelligence is the true definition of intelligence. What I actually believe is that we're talking about these complex systems called brains, and there are a whole lot of them. I believe that measurement might be a tool to get a rough sorting of them. However, I was not even referring to IQ in my post. Just as there are taller people, faster people, and stronger people; there are smarter people. It's a subjective measure that I applied a number to for the sake of simplicity.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Yup, I pretty much quit reading after the "top 5% intellectually" bit. *eyeroll*

I'm sorry, OP. You sound like a real douche. I wouldn't date you either.

Edit: Ok, maybe I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it doesn't translate well via the internet, but still... I just want to shake my head and say "OMG, your life is SO HARD!" (With sarcasm, of course.)
    Ok, I get it... First world problems, right? I guess princes aren't allowed to bleed. Only peasants can show their scars.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Almost half of America is below average intelligence!
    No shit....

You don't have to be at the highest echelon to even have a conversation with me.
    Ok...

Look shut the fuck about thinking you are smart and in an "upper echelon" because you study physics. I do real estate and make people a shit ton of money. I am at a high echelon in my profession. I can throw terms at you that you won't understand and speak of concepts you won't understand. It's awesome at work because it makes the people signing checks think I am extra smart. We are all extra smart at something- congrats, you understand physics. I understand real estate. Mark Sisson knows how to market himself. Anna Nicole Smith was brilliant at manipulating old men.

If you are passionate about physics, awesome. I have a dear friend with a PhD in astrophysics. She also enjoys travel and music and telling people neat stuff about the planets. You don't have to be pretentious.

But when you start calling your self top 5% and upper echelon.... um, no. Maybe in your field of study. But you clearly are not top 5% with the ladies.... for sure.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    You think I believe a measurable form of intelligence is the true definition of intelligence. What I actually believe is that we're talking about these complex systems called brains, and there are a whole lot of them. I believe that measurement might be a tool to get a rough sorting of them. However, I was not even referring to IQ in my post. Just as there are taller people, faster people, and stronger people; there are smarter people. It's a subjective measure that I applied a number to for the sake of simplicity.
    Ok, as long as we have an understanding.

My point is, relationships are capable of stimulating you in other ways. Your biggest problem is you're actively out looking for a "perfect mate". Don't try, the meaningful ones always just have a way of finding you. This has been my experience. In the mean time, just enjoy your youth. Someone mentioned traveling, I agree. This is my plan too.
    nihil

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    "you came near to them, but passed over; this they can never forgive. For the higher you ascend, the smaller you appear to the eye of envy. And most all, they hate those who fly."
    -thus spoke Zarathustra

Haha I am with you Wilton; there should be like an a support group/union/lobbying for the Intelligent. People think that if you are smart that means that you will be successful or some shit, as if intelligence is necessary to wiggle through the many bureaucracies and to attain promotions and shit. In truth, the world is almost entirely administered and filled with the merely mediocre, and all are always in a conspiracy against any affirmation that draws attention to this mediocrity.

regarding dating, mate selection and such- the reaction you are getting here should cue you in LOL. Ladies, give him some slack- he is not trying to pick you up; "Sooo...my IQ is in the top 5 percentile..." is obviously not his Get-to-know-ya rap; he is addressing a specific problem on a totally anonymous forum for perfect strangers to compare notes.

Ted Kazynski (sp?) said it best: technology does not adapt to human need; human need adapts to technology. Therefore as long as there are machines and computer programs and apps to do whatever needs doing, man will just get fatter and slower and more impotent and weak as he sacrifices his ancestral vitality on the altar of progress.

I hear you about stupid women. You are healthy though and vigorous and intelligent, and therefore the realization that good women are claimed by rival men should anger and inspire you to take them and to defeat and demean these feeble pretenders-to-the-throne. Chicks dig it. lol
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    "you came near to them, but passed over; this they can never forgive. For the higher you ascend, the smaller you appear to the eye of envy. And most all, they hate those who fly."
    -thus spoke Zarathustra

Haha I am with you Wilton; there should be like an a support group/union/lobbying for the Intelligent. People think that if you are smart that means that you will be successful or some shit, as if intelligence is necessary to wiggle through the many bureaucracies and to attain promotions and shit. In truth, the world is almost entirely administered and filled with the merely mediocre, and all are always in a conspiracy against any affirmation that draws attention to this mediocrity.

regarding dating, mate selection and such- the reaction you are getting here should cue you in LOL. Ladies, give him some slack- he is not trying to pick you up; "Sooo...my IQ is in the top 5 percentile..." is obviously not his Get-to-know-ya rap; he is addressing a specific problem on a totally anonymous forum for perfect strangers to compare notes.

Ted Kazynski (sp?) said it best: technology does not adapt to human need; human need adapts to technology. Therefore as long as there are machines and computer programs and apps to do whatever needs doing, man will just get fatter and slower and more impotent and weak as he sacrifices his ancestral vitality on the altar of progress.

I hear you about stupid women. You are healthy though and vigorous and intelligent, and therefore the realization that good women are claimed by rival men should anger and inspire you to take them and to defeat and demean these feeble pretenders-to-the-throne. Chicks dig it. lol
    I have a big smile on my face. Thank you, Mr. Perfidy. As for that very last point, I'm getting to 100% responsibility. I've taken my blows, and I'm ready to fight back.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I went through a similar phase in my youth, around your age, as my health was improving and I my teeth were cutting the gums. Either avoid women altogether for a period* and re-evaluate, or, bitch out and maim any rival man with his hands on a female that strikes your fancy.

*no ejaculation, no initiated conversations with women, only polite dismissal if drawn into a conversation, until you are confident that you have glimpsed and analyzed the roots of your need of women and the origin and intent of the physiological energies squandered on their behalf.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast