Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 18

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't actually read the entire thread, but why do you think that the top 5% of women are in school? I reckon the top 5% of women are scattered all over the place because, you know, an IQ test have very little to do with your ability nor your desire to study. Nor does it have to do with your interest in physics.

Heck, I fall in a high IQ group(I think I was like top 7% or something). Yet I still suck at math, chose wildlife management for secondary education, and aspire an artistic or at least outdoorsy career. Yes, I'm somewhat intellectual which is evident in many ways (heck, got straight A's in many of my classes in secondary ed with close to zero effort, when the class average of hard-working students was a C. I'm still unsure how dafuq that even happened), but fail in others (I suck at strategy and had to work my way toward beating even the easy mode in online chess).

Despite the fact that my intellect is in the top 10% and I might do well at anything I really put my heart into, I'm not interested in the conventional classroom. Why would I be, when I don't even want to live life in an office? I'd be wasting my time reading math and physics and other things that I don't like, when I could've used that very same time and money on a year-long wilderness survival course, or some handicraft classes.

There are a lot of bright women reading physics who aren't in the top 5%, or who simply haven't taken the god damned IQ test. There are also a lot of 5% women who aren't aspiring to follow the path that intellectuals are expected to take. In fact, the brightest people I've ever known were musicians. You'd be surprisd at how much thought and structure goes into composing a classical music piece.

Broaden your horizons a little. You'll never find someone who is exactly like what you want, and if you don't have a wide comfort zone you'll never find anyone you want even more than you think you want your dream image.

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    "Ya gotta lower your standards to up your average"
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

wiltondeportes Guest
    Maybe me arguing back at people who want to pile on me has only lead to more piling on, but I will say it again. I do not have problems meeting and making relations with women. I was merely commenting on the fact that there are many positive health signs which make it harder to fit in with society. Among these are intelligence, which specifically can make it harder to find an ideal mate. Everyone presumes to know me based upon some thoughts I shared on here, but they do not know me. The end.

I think it's my willingness to take up an argument that leads me down this path... I'm always ready to be the heretic if I think I am right. So, it always ends up being me (the heretic) vs 1,000 angry minions.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-20-2013 at 03:23 AM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think intelligence is tied to health at all.

I see very attractive, smart, fit and healthy men everywhere- my gym, the store, even work. I know that some areas, fit people are in short supply,and I imagine education levels drop. But you are out in California.... I can see you being an anamoly in say, Beckley West Virginia. I mean, I had an interview for a job in CA and every employee was smart and extremely fit.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Michiel is offline Member
    Don't feed the troll.

Seriously every word you good people are saying to him he just uses to tickle his ego.

It's like that thing from the movie the fifth element, that ball of evil that responds to every attack or interaction with just growing bigger.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I don't think intelligence is tied to health at all.

I see very attractive, smart, fit and healthy men everywhere- my gym, the store, even work. I know that some areas, fit people are in short supply,and I imagine education levels drop. But you are out in California.... I can see you being an anamoly in say, Beckley West Virginia. I mean, I had an interview for a job in CA and every employee was smart and extremely fit.
    It really depends on where in California you live. Last fall I stayed in an affluent neighborhood in SF and it seemed everyone was fit, in the rural area where I live that's not the case.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    I am Dutch.
    I'm sorry, but you did this all wrong. The correct response to a native speaker commenting on a non-native speaker's spelling/grammar is a long, detailed post in your native language with the words, "How is my spelling now?" added in English at the end.

Sadly, I only speak two languages - Bad English and Internet Slang

That said, Louisa655 did have a valid point; it just does not apply in your case.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel View Post
    Don't feed the troll.

Seriously every word you good people are saying to him he just uses to tickle his ego.

It's like that thing from the movie the fifth element, that ball of evil that responds to every attack or interaction with just growing bigger.
    Not at all.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    This has been an interesting thread to read - OP is taking a lot of hits, which may stem from this part of the original post:

So essentially, I'm learning more and more that I have to just ignore the search for a great mental connection in the interest of at least getting laid and feeling some sort of intimacy at all. I'm 22...sh*t, I can't miss out on those good things while waiting for love if it ever effing comes. That's not a totally rosy path either though. How many ladies are just looking to hook up? And what percentage of them are weird or shady? Most of them are defected in some way, so I'm going waaay below my level just so I can get a little release.
    It's this bucketing of women you are lowering yourself to have sex with into a "defective", lesser species class that is bugging me. If they aren't meeting your standard for mental/emotional connections, you're not doing them any favors by working out your need for sex on them with that kind of attitude. Save yourself for the women who meet your standard, if they'll sleep with you, or just jerk off in the meantime. Having that kind of cruel, dismissive attitude towards someone you're sleeping with if really awful. If you genuinely feel that way about your current options for sex, do without. It's pretty despicable to just use someone like that if you really think they're trash. They might not be what you want in a woman long-term but some basic respect for them as human beings isn't a bad thing. That kind of respect tends to get into your character, making you more appealing to the kind of woman you say you want to find.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    This has been an interesting thread to read - OP is taking a lot of hits, which may stem from this part of the original post:

It's this bucketing of women you are lowering yourself to have sex with into a "defective", lesser species class that is bugging me. If they aren't meeting your standard for mental/emotional connections, you're not doing them any favors by working out your need for sex on them with that kind of attitude. Save yourself for the women who meet your standard, if they'll sleep with you, or just jerk off in the meantime. Having that kind of cruel, dismissive attitude towards someone you're sleeping with if really awful. If you genuinely feel that way about your current options for sex, do without. It's pretty despicable to just use someone like that if you really think they're trash. They might not be what you want in a woman long-term but some basic respect for them as human beings isn't a bad thing. That kind of respect tends to get into your character, making you more appealing to the kind of woman you say you want to find.
    I think most women would naturally want to gain their max potential from all relationships. This is not true for everyone, but I think it is true enough to establish a logical pattern for it. This potential is for the man to give resource, time, and energy to them. Women that are more developed will be more worth it because they can give more back.

The women you meet who just want to have sex are, on average, not as fully developed or complex as the women who just want relationships. Those two examples of women could get the same amount of sex. The difference is there is a greater value transfer towards the second woman, and there is probably a reason for that; she is worth it.

What makes you think I am using them? That might imply that I don't even talk to them and just use them physically, but I do connect on whatever level they are able to communicate on. It's consenual, so both sides have agreed they are getting enough out of it that they want to continue. There's nothing I'm saying to appear like I want a relationship if I really don't. There's really no element of 'using' them.

Zanna, you are falling into the trap of everyone else who thinks I'm being inhumane in my descriptions. I feel I'm being direct and cutting to the core of what I'm talking about. You and many others are not willing to see the core of humans, so you use a "stop-think" whenever you get close, and anyone who does not is seen as inhumane.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-20-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast