Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 668

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 17

  1. #161
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,050
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Wait, you're getting me worried. What meaning am I missing?
    Well, the way you wrote it, bisexual could mean 'women who are willing to sleep with wilton', which I would describe as heterosexual. Whereas bisexual actually means liking both men and women'. Were you throwing out the prospect of mff sex into the discussion for fun?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  2. #162
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Sure, argue about definitions, keep missing the point.

    Here are your options:
    1. Get over your dumb ego, realize your emotional maturity is below average, and work on improving yourself. If your efforts are honest, people (women included) will see it, and you'll get plenty of dirty sex with super smart bisexual women with open minds who feel like dumb immature guys can't satisfy them or...
    2. Keep telling yourself other people are the problem, keep whining like a bitch and become a bitter, broken husk of a man after a life of failed connection attempts with people you deem worthy of you, but don't give a damn about you because your blindness to your own flaws makes you incapable of evolving, and just a shitty person to be around.

    Being healthy doesn't suck. It rocks. You suck. I've been there. I learned better.
    I'll repeat what I said in another thread.

    Do you really think it is my ego, which is rejecting your advice because I have to be perfect (especially in your eyes), or could it be your ego, which must offer advice so as to feel superior and all knowledgeable?

    There's nothing like a daring and open-minded young individual to inflame the egos of the elders.

  3. #163
    Winterbike's Avatar
    Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I'll repeat what I said in another thread.

    Do you really think it is my ego, which is rejecting your advice because I have to be perfect (especially in your eyes), or could it be your ego, which must offer advice so as to feel superior and all knowledgeable?

    There's nothing like a daring and open-minded young individual to inflame the egos of the elders.
    I'm 26, dumbass. I wrote that because I wish someone had told me that and set me straight when I was posting similar stuff as you on the internet (when I was a whiny 18 years old).

  4. #164
    Winterbike's Avatar
    Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Well, the way you wrote it, bisexual could mean 'women who are willing to sleep with wilton', which I would describe as heterosexual. Whereas bisexual actually means liking both men and women'. Were you throwing out the prospect of mff sex into the discussion for fun?
    Definitely option 2! ''If you build yourself, mff sex will come''.

    Option 1 with smart women isn't likely. When you're in his state of mind, deep down you know the only women who'll be willing to sleep with you are dumb since you know the smart ones (the ones you're looking for) will see through your despair and your vanity in a matter of seconds.

  5. #165
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Do you really think it is my ego, which is rejecting your advice because I have to be perfect (especially in your eyes)
    I don't think you're mature enough to relate to other people as if they are actually people.

    That's why nobody else can be as smart as you. Other people aren't really real.

    That's why you're ok with talking about women being mounted as if they're livestock. Because they aren't really real people to you with feelings of their own.

    The knowledge and skills that other people have isn't as important as the knowledge and skills you have, because you KNOW what you know better.

    Your ego is rejecting his advice because of course you know better than anybody else, because YOU'RE YOU. Nobody else gets it but you, because they aren't really real. Or at least, not as viscerally and palpably real as you.

    This is why people are criticising you here. Because the subtext of your posts is incredibly self-serving.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Definitely option 2! ''If you build yourself, mff sex will come''.

    Option 1 with smart women isn't likely. When you're in his state of mind, deep down you know the only women who'll be willing to sleep with you are dumb since you know the smart ones (the ones you're looking for) will see through your despair and your vanity in a matter of seconds.
    Well, fair enough then

    One thing that I will comment on is that it seems like there is the idea of a single continuum of 'intelligence' that people can be ranked on. I don't think that's true at all. I think that there are a lot of different ways people can be smart, and basically nobody is good at all of them.

    At my brothers wedding, his brother in law gave a speech in which he said the bride (his sister) was "the dumbest smart person" he knew. Since she was super smart, but also a bit gullible if you wanted to trick her.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 03-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  6. #166
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I don't think you're mature enough to relate to other people as if they are actually people.

    That's why nobody else can be as smart as you. Other people aren't really real.

    That's why you're ok with talking about women being mounted as if they're livestock. Because they aren't really real people to you.

    The knowledge and skills that other poeple have isn't as important as the knowledge and skills you have, because you KNOW what you know better.

    Your ego is rejecting his advice because of course you know better than anybody else, because YOU'RE YOU. Nobody else gets it but you, because they aren't really real. Or at least, not as viscerally and palpably real as you.

    This is why people are criticising you here. Because the subtext of your posts is incredibly self-centered.
    How is cow sex different from human sex? Sex is not why I think humans are special from other animals. Should I stop talking about women being mounted as if they're livestock, or should you maybe reconsider why you don't think of things so simply and realistically? I'm comfortable talking about the dirty details of life because I choose to be a king, not a pawn. And I choose to be a sheepdog, not a wolf, with that power.

    I'm demanding an explanation from people who leave their advice vague, and I'm rejecting advice from people that have no advice at all to give.

    What do you know about my relations with other people? All you know are frustrated comments about finding an equal partner, and the following defense against those who say I'm an egotistical, lying, immature kid. I'm absolutely going to be harsh to someone that accuses me of such things without due cause. You don't know jackshit about the way I treat people.

    I'll entertain you though. Explain how I should be treating people if I am doing it wrong.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-20-2013 at 01:11 AM.

  7. #167
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,050
    You've said previously that your 'IRL' personality is quite different from your online one. I think that's quite likely (since most anonymous trolls on the internets would get their comeuppance acting like jerks in real life).

    But I think on this here site here most people are a little more genuinely themselves. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong there.

    "Explain how I should be treating people if I am doing it wrong. "
    Treat other people as if they are worth just as much as you are. Believe it. Because they are. Even if you can run faster than them, punch harder than them, make more money than them, think faster than them, argue longer than them, whatever metrics you use to determining best/worth/valuable, suspend them.

    Let others praise you. If they aren't, maybe what you are doing isn't as praise worthy as you thought. Maybe you need to find a way of developing self esteem that isn't built up by tearing others down.

    Try to work out what's going on inside their heads. I am a big fan of games like Settlers of Catan to help develop this skill , since you can play it in a social and competitive context Working out where other people are coming from, where they are at emotionally, how they relate to their environment can make a huge difference as to how you choose to relate to them. There's no one right way to talk to people. Context matters.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  8. #168
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    I'm 26, dumbass. I wrote that because I wish someone had told me that and set me straight when I was posting similar stuff as you on the internet (when I was a whiny 18 years old).
    that was hilarious
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

  9. #169
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You've said previously that your 'IRL' personality is quite different from your online one. I think that's quite likely (since most anonymous trolls on the internets would get their comeuppance acting like jerks in real life).

    But I think on this here site here most people are a little more genuinely themselves. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong there.

    "Explain how I should be treating people if I am doing it wrong. "
    Treat other people as if they are worth just as much as you are. Believe it. Because they are. Even if you can run faster than them, punch harder than them, make more money than them, think faster than them, argue longer than them, whatever metrics you use to determining best/worth/valuable, suspend them.

    Let others praise you. If they aren't, maybe what you are doing isn't as praise worthy as you thought. Maybe you need to find a way of developing self esteem that isn't built up by tearing others down.

    Try to work out what's going on inside their heads. I am a big fan of games like Settlers of Catan to help develop this skill , since you can play it in a social and competitive context Working out where other people are coming from, where they are at emotionally, how they relate to their environment can make a huge difference as to how you choose to relate to them. There's no one right way to talk to people. Context matters.
    Parts of my personality comes through here. My stubbornness and willingness for confrontation are real traits of mine. Online though, a post can come out as sort of a diary entry which you would not say to anyone in person except in a very comfortable environment. I am also able to be more descriptive in what I mean. So, all of this IS my real personality. I'm not trolling or faking anything.

    Treating others as if they are worth as much as yourself? This is a utopian ideal that has truth and loopholes all over it. I actually disagree with your contention here. There are more specific elements I can agree with, but I cannot agree with the absolutes you are stating. Let's look at the two main parts to this statement.
    -Value of yourself versus others. Human nature often gets greedy when the going gets tough. Some sacrifice themselves for others, but they do not generally do this without cause. I don't think taking a bullet for someone should be required for me to prove myself, so take my word for it that my main goals in life involve humanity not myself.
    -Treating people equally. People are unequal, so there are certainly different ways of treating them due to this. I value people equally as humans, but I still have different ultimate values for people depending upon what their relationship is to me and things like that.

    I don't build my self-esteem by tearing others down. My self-esteem is just fine.

    I have an excellent understanding of people normally. This is due to my many life experiences.

    So, you're wrong.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-20-2013 at 01:21 AM.

  10. #170
    denise's Avatar
    denise is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    884
    not going to say anything beyond ....omg. What a hoot this thread is. I think its better than fiction, better than any comedy on tv. I love it.

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •