Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: It sucks being healthy!!! page 15

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Having an adventure in your backyard is in no way similar to traveling. How could you possibly be challenged in your own backyard?

Many yeas ago I was your age. For 18 months I traveled and worked my way around Europe; I taught English in Spain, picked grapes in France, cleaned fish in the furthest northern part of Norway and lived in a squat in Amsterdam. I had to use my wits to get by, there is no way I could have learned the things I learned in my own backyard.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Having an adventure in your backyard is in no way similar to traveling. How could you possibly be challenged in your own backyard?

Many yeas ago I was your age. For 18 months I traveled and worked my way around Europe; I taught English in Spain, picked grapes in France, cleaned fish in the furthest northern part of Norway and lived in a squat in Amsterdam. I had to use my wits to get by, there is no way I could have learned the things I learned in my own backyard.
    Simple; challenge yourself. I do it all the time, and that is how I grow. It has not required another continent, country, or even state for me to grow tremendously as a person. I'm not really a lost soul requiring English lessons in Spain, grape picking in France, fish cleaning in Norway, or slum living in Amsterdam. I volunteer at a local children's receiving home where my goal is to be a role model for the kids; I pick grapes in my backyard! (lucky climate to live in); I go fishing in any of the many rivers and lakes nearby where I can then clean and eat the fish if I so choose; and I go camping in various places around the state where I can practice building my own shelter and all kinds of other bush skills. These are just examples that equate to what you did; there are many other adventures I find.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Simple; challenge yourself. I do it all the time, and that is how I grow. It has not required another continent, country, or even state for me to grow tremendously as a person. I'm not really a lost soul requiring English lessons in Spain, grape picking in France, fish cleaning in Norway, or slum living in Amsterdam. I volunteer at a local children's receiving home where my goal is to be a role model for the kids; I pick grapes in my backyard! (lucky climate to live in); I go fishing in any of the many rivers and lakes nearby where I can then clean and eat the fish if I so choose; and I go camping in various places around the state where I can practice building my own shelter and all kinds of other bush skills. These are just examples that equate to what you did; there are many other adventures I find.
    None of the activities you listed have anything at all to do with experiencing a wide variety of people and their cultures. It's not about the places you go when you travel. It's about the experience. The world is a varied and mysterious place, and I can't imagine why anyone would consider that they have no need to enrich their lives through experiencing other cultures because they can go fishing in a local river. It is not at all the same thing. Reading about a culture in a textbook is not the same as experiencing it in person. Do you really have no interest at all in the world outside your limited home view?

That's bananas, yo! :P

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    None of the activities you listed have anything at all to do with experiencing a wide variety of people and their cultures. It's not about the places you go when you travel. It's about the experience. The world is a varied and mysterious place, and I can't imagine why anyone would consider that they have no need to enrich their lives through experiencing other cultures because they can go fishing in a local river. It is not at all the same thing. Reading about a culture in a textbook is not the same as experiencing it in person. Do you really have no interest at all in the world outside your limited home view?

That's bananas, yo! :P
    I do want to travel, but I'm not expecting it to be life-changing. I just expect it to be fun. Why would all of my world views change after all the research and thought I've put into them? The argument that I'll come back changed, as if my logic will turn on its axis like a polar realignment of the Earth, is weak to me.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-19-2013 at 01:13 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    The more you know, the less you think you know.

You seem to think you know lots.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

A brave soul can be humble yet convicted.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

when i was 22 i thought i knew everything

now, at 31, i know i do
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    You overthink this problem with women too much man. Don't take it as an insult but you should absolutely get out and stop worrying where's the perfect girl. You won't find it anyways
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I can see now why you guys want me to shut the hell up though. I'm talking about how great I am and how it causes so many problems. All I really meant to do was start a commentary on the downsides of the the upsides (health). I was totally using my interior voice, which is admittedly cocky as fuck. My exterior voice, the way I talk to other people, is far more humble. The internet and the anonymity tends to bring out the interior voice without even thinking about it.
    People don't shut up because you're an idiot. Guess what, women LOVE smart men. They flock to them. You're just not one of them, because you can't use your computing abilities to solve your basic emotional problems. Sure, Grigori Perelman solved one of the hardest math theorems ever, but he couldn't even talk to women and now lives like a recluse with his mom. He's a math genius, but I wouldn't call him ''smart''.

If you're smart, you figure out how to master your own body, how to dance like a free spirit, how to be positive, how to make people laugh and be entertained, how to cook delicious food, and how to make those around you feel like better more complete human beings. And guess what, smart women will find you, or notice you the moment you say a full sentence. Until then, you're just like a computer. Genius calculating abilities, but still dumb as f*ck, and completely unattractive to the opposite sex, with reason.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    People don't shut up because you're an idiot. Guess what, women LOVE smart men. They flock to them. You're just not one of them, because you can't use your computing abilities to solve your basic emotional problems. Sure, Grigori Perelman solved one of the hardest math theorems ever, but he couldn't even talk to women and now lives like a recluse with his mom. He's a math genius, but I wouldn't call him ''smart''.

If you're smart, you figure out how to master your own body, how to dance like a free spirit, how to be positive, how to make people laugh and be entertained, how to cook delicious food, and how to make those around you feel like better more complete human beings. And guess what, smart women will find you, or notice you the moment you say a full sentence. Until then, you're just like a computer. Genius calculating abilities, but still dumb as f*ck, and completely unattractive to the opposite sex, with reason.
    Ok, thanks for the advice, woman.

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast