Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eggs Fried in Coconut Oil is AMAZING! page 2

Primal Fuel
    I had to reply to this because I am new to Paleo/ Primal and tried cooking with coconut oil for the first time ever tonight. I found a recipe for spaghetti squash fritters -- basically cooked squash, 2 eggs, and that's it. OMG it is amazing. I cannot believe how delicious plain ol' SQUASH tastes. Beats the pants off olive oil! And tastes like it should be really bad for me... the opposite of "diet" food.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    I had to reply to this because I am new to Paleo/ Primal and tried cooking with coconut oil for the first time ever tonight. I found a recipe for spaghetti squash fritters -- basically cooked squash, 2 eggs, and that's it. OMG it is amazing. I cannot believe how delicious plain ol' SQUASH tastes. Beats the pants off olive oil! And tastes like it should be really bad for me... the opposite of "diet" food.
    Extra virgin olive oil has a REALLY specific taste that doesn't always go with everything. I tend to use it in sauces and salad dressings, or even to drizzle on top after cooking a dish. But these days, coconut oil and lard are my go-to cooking fats. They have a more amenable flavor to being added to a wide variety of dishes and if you want a crispy texture, they work MUCH better than olive oil EVER would.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12