Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gum? page

Little Women is offline Member

Gum?

Primal Fuel
    Been reading here awhile, and haven't seen any mention of gum. I presume it's not technically primal, but then, I don't swallow it, either. Thoughts?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    You know how you start chewing gum, and it's soft and tasty, but after a while it loses its flavor and gets kind of tough? You just swallowed most of the items on the ingredients list.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    You know how you start chewing gum, and it's soft and tasty, but after a while it loses its flavor and gets kind of tough? You just swallowed most of the items on the ingredients list.
    Most of the fake, chemical, and otherwise nasty ingredients. Exactly.

Plus, people chewing gum always look like cows chewing their cud to me.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Chewing gum is good exercise for the face muscles, and no reason to worry about the "chemicals" whatsoever...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Chewing gum is good exercise for the face muscles, and no reason to worry about the "chemicals" whatsoever...
    Says the guy who is proudly addicted to diet soda.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Most gums contain aspartame which is a terrible thing, not to mention really gross tasting once you lose the acclimation to it.

OP, do you want it for breath freshening or for something to do with your mouth? [insert dirty joke here :P]

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Says the guy who is proudly addicted to diet soda.
    At least I am not addicted to fatty food as you though...

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Most gums contain aspartame which is a terrible thing, not to mention really gross tasting once you lose the acclimation to it.
    Yeah, a terrible thing, worse than smoking, refined grains and alcohol together probably...

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I am with Gorbag; I chew 4-6 pieces of that (used-to-be) nickel bubble gum for a day at a time often, and I dip it in ice-water often to make it very hard to chew. It makes my jaw strong. Jack Demspey advised this and apparently integrated that into his fight training. I also think that it is good cunnilingus workout- my tongue can break boards and shit now from mashing up frozen gum wads.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, a terrible thing, worse than smoking, refined grains and alcohol together probably...
    Nothing wrong with smoking
    nihil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast