Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gum? page 2

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yeah, a terrible thing, worse than smoking, refined grains and alcohol together probably...
    *ponders* I didn't say that. I used to be a total gum addict though, at least a pack a day. It was making me sickly. Aspartame, ick. Wouldn't go back to chewing it, personally, nor reccommend it to anyone, unless they can find one not made with aspartame (a real sugar gum sounds yummieh)

I don't smoke tobacco, and I rarely eat refined grains or drink alcohol, either. So.. um. Not sure what your point was there. or mine really. :P

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I don't smoke tobacco, and I rarely eat refined grains or drink alcohol, either. So.. um. Not sure what your point was there. or mine really. :P
    But don't forget to have some fun and play though! Chewing sugar-free gum burn calories and making bubbles is funny when working in an office, especially if you also can make some noices that upset the anti-gum moralists...

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Truth!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Possible downsides to gum chewing.

I have jaw joint issues, and chewing gum, especially chewing rock-hard gum while thinking that doing so is healthy exercise, would cause me major problems. I enjoy not having jaw pain.

Well that's you though, right? Chewing gum execercises a normal jaw the same way curls exercise normal biceps. But some people have injuries and cant curl, sure.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    There are lots of different sorts of overuse activities. In fact, they are perfectly natural. By the time someone realized they had arthritis in their jaw or loose teeth from deliberately chewing on something hard most of the time, it might be too late to reverse the damage.

It would not compare with doing a few sets of curls. Rather, it would be like people who do hours and hours of medium weight curls for "toning" and end up with tendinitis or elbow problems.

The "benefits" are unproven. The risk is real.

hahaha shit O'Reilly's here

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It would not compare with doing a few sets of curls. Rather, it would be like people who do hours and hours of medium weight curls for "toning" and end up with tendinitis or elbow problems.
    Interval-chewing then, one hour gum-chewing, and one hour off! Rinse and repeat, it may even be good for your wellbeing, more endorphins, and better trained face muscles as a bonus…

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    At least I am not addicted to fatty food as you though...
    Lame, Gorbag. Seriously lame.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I don't think I've ever chewed gum sweetened with aspartame. I thought they all used sugar alcohols like xylitol.
    Anyway, the one brand i chew has xylitol in it.
    And by chew I mean just for a few minutes to freshen my breath. I can never chew gum for hours, it makes my jaw hurt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast