Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's in Fast Food Chicken? page 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    You really have to watch it. I thought I was doing great one time, having lunch with my friend and getting KFC's grilled chicken. My gut swelled up like a balloon and I farted the whole way home. Just plain felt like crap.

Mind you, when I grill a chicken breast, I might add a quick spray of olive oil and then a few herbs. That's it. Here is the ingredient list for KFC's plain ole grilled chicken breast:

Fresh Chicken Marinated with Salt, Potassium and Sodium Phosphates.
    Seasoned With: Maltodextrin, Salt, Bleached Wheat Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oil, Monosodium Glutamate, Secret Kentucky Grilled Chicken Spices, Palm Oil, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce (Soybean, Wheat, Salt), Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Autolyzed Yeast, Beef Powder, Rendered Beef Fat, Extractives of Turmeric, Dehydrated Carrot, Onion Powder, and Not More Than 2% Each of Calcium Silicate and Silicon Dioxide Added As Anticaking Agents.

And notice that all of the "Secret Kentucky Grilled Chicken Spices" are in one generic and unknown blend, so it's not like they have an interesting combination of seasonings and that's why the list is so long.
    Some years ago I had an Abdominal Aortic Aneurism operation in which they ran my blood through a cleaner and pumped me full of antibiotics, then fed me a clear diet for 3 days. When we left the hospital I was super clean inside and I was starving. My husband asked me what I wanted and I said KFC with many thoughts of filling soul food. At home he helped me in and fixed up a plate. I picked up a chicken leg, raised it toward my mouth and unfortunately breathed in. The noxious smell of chemicals was overwhelming and really disgusting. I didn't eat it that day and never have since.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I've always let the urban legend of the Kentucky Fried Rat keep me from eating at KFC. The whole rat in the food thing has actually kept me from a few things. Can't drink out of a can - might be a rat in the bottom. Can't drink cola - so dark you wouldn't see the rat 'til it was too late. At least one of my phobias has an upside.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I've always let the urban legend of the Kentucky Fried Rat keep me from eating at KFC. The whole rat in the food thing has actually kept me from a few things. Can't drink out of a can - might be a rat in the bottom. Can't drink cola - so dark you wouldn't see the rat 'til it was too late. At least one of my phobias has an upside.
    No need to worry about the rat in the can. According to Mountain Dew, it's impossible to find a rat in your can because it would have dissolved by the time it got from the factory to your mouth. Doesn't that make you feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    No need to worry about the rat in the can. According to Mountain Dew, it's impossible to find a rat in your can because it would have dissolved by the time it got from the factory to your mouth. Doesn't that make you feel better?
    Oh yes, much better, thanks! ROFL!

Okay, so Mountain Dew can dissolve rats. Egad. So now I can't even drink soda if I pour it out of the non-see-through container into a glass. Which is fine since I can't remember the last time I drank soda. But actually that's a good thing to know - definitely a good fact to have at a party. heh.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I heard a story from a guy who said he cleaned out a fryolater and found a dead rat in the bottom. Happened in the army.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    coke - pepsi.jpg

here is another reason not to consume soda

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Personally I like KFC's chicken pot pie. Just a few ingredients

“Chicken Stock, Carrots, Potatoes (With Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate To Protect Color), Peas, Heavy Cream, Modified Food Starch, Contains 2% Or Less Of Wheat Flour, Salt, Chicken Fat, Dried Dairy Blend (Whey, Calcium Caseinate), Butter (Cream, Salt), Natural Chicken Flavor With Other Natural Flavors (Salt, Natural Flavoring, Maltodextrin, Milk Solids, Nonfat Dry Milk, Chicken Fat, Beef Extract, Ascorbic Acid [To Help Protect Flavor]), Monosodium Glutamate, Liquid Margarine (Vegetable Oil Blend [Liquid Soybean, Hydrogenated Cottonseed, Hydrogenated Soybean], Water, Vegetable Mono And Diglycerides, Beta Carotene [Color]), Roasted Garlic Juice Flavor (Garlic Juice, Salt, Natural Flavors), Gelatin, Roasted Onion Juice Flavor (Onion Juice, Salt, Natural Flavors), Chicken Pot Pie Flavor (Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy And Wheat Gluten Protein, Salt, Vegetable Stock [Carrot, Onion, Celery], Maltodextrin, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Flavors, Dextrose, Chicken Broth), Chicken Stock, Sugar, Mono and Diglycerides With Citric Acid to Protect Flavor, Spice, Seasoning (Soybean Oil, Oleoresin Turmeric, Spice Extractives), Parsley, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Yellow 5. Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Water, Nonfat Milk, Maltodextrin, Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Whey, Natural Flavor, Butter, Citric Acid, Dough Conditioner, L-Cysteine Hydrochloride, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives), Colored With Yellow 5 & Red 40. Fresh Chicken Marinated With: Salt, Sodium Phosphate and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate), Garlic Powder, Natural Flavorings, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, With Not More Than 2% Calcium Silicate Added as an Anti Caking Agent, Fresh Chicken Marinated With: Salt, Sodium Phosphate and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Corn Starch, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate), Garlic Powder, Modified Corn Starch, Spice Extractives, Citric Acid, and 2% Calcium Silicate added as Anticaking Agent, Fresh Chicken Marinated With: Salt, Sodium Phosphate and Monosodium Glutamate. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Sodium Chloride and Anti-caking Agent (Tricalcium Phosphate), Nonfat Milk, Egg Whites, Colonel’s Secret Original Recipe Seasoning, Potato Starch, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Sodium Chloride and Anti-caking agent (Tricalcium Phosphate), Nonfat Milk, Egg Whites, Colonel’s Secret Original Recipe Seasoning, Potato Starch, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate), Garlic Powder, Natural Flavorings, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, With Not More Than 2% Calcium Silicate Added as an Anti Caking Agent, Potato Starch, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Corn Starch, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate), Garlic Powder, Modified Corn Starch, Spice Extractives, Citric Acid, and 2% Calcium Silicate Added As Anticaking Agent OR Seasoning (Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Garlic Powder, Spice Extractives, Onion Powder), Soy Protein Concentrate, Rice Starch and Sodium Phosphates. Battered With: Water, Wheat Flour, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt, Dextrose, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice and Onion Powder. Predusted With: Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Dried Egg Whites, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Monosodium Glutamate, Spice and Onion Powder. Breaded With: Wheat Flour, Salt, Soy Flour, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Nonfat Dry Milk, Onion Powder, Dextrose, Extractives of Turmeric and Extractives of Annatto. Breading Set in Vegetable oil.”
    Billie trips balls

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    ^ Wow, what's wrong with people!?

That chicken pot pie is like some sort of Frankenfoods experiment...it is hard to believe that is even legal.

@ Gadsie's post.

B*tch-lite

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Fear of finding a rat tail in my pop tarts broke me of that nasty little habit when I was in college. All it took was my Mom sending me a newspaper article of someone finding a rat tail in a pop tart. I have since that day referred to them as rat tarts. I am forever grateful that she sent me that article even thought I was a little bummed at the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast