Thread: Sick and HUNGRY! page

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member

Sick and HUNGRY!

Primal Fuel
    I have noticed I often don't get sick when everyone else does since going primal, but I unfortunately caught my first cold in a loooong time earlier this week. Since I have been sick though, I've noticed something peculiar. The usual amounts of VERY satiating foods are not enough! I stuffed myself with fried steak and onions just an hour and a half ago and I'm soooo hungry right now. This after a breakfast of sausage, eggs, and peppers. Usually after this breakfast (pretty much what I eat every morning) I wouldn't eat until 4-5pm. When I used to get sick often before primal, I remember chicken noodle soup was hard to force myself to eat. Has anyone else had this experience? It's so weird!
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Yes! I've had that experience. I figure my body is burning up energy trying to fight off the cold... needs more fuel? Though sometimes at the beginning stages of a cold, my body feels almost as if it's wired, has loads of energy, and needs to eat a ton- and then I crash...

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    That is exactly what happened to me! I felt great like two days ago, even went rock-climbing despite being sick, then these last two days I've been a total couch potato! Speaking of potato...I think I have a sweet one in the kitchen somewhere...
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I get that too.
    I feel like when your body is fighting off a cold it tends to want more nourishment. I'd just go with it.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't fight it. I have been this way all my life, even as a child. Only large portions of meat and potatoes could ever satisfy me if I was sick. Chicken soup? Maybe to wash it down with...

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I'm the same, I get ravenous when I'm sick. I really can't wait to eat. Recently when I was sick I even woke up at night and had to eat. I didn't gain any wait though and I only ate primal foods.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Nope. I'm the opposite. My satiety cues go insane and I just get full and can't force myself to eat as I usually do.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I recently had about a week of feeling very hungry, which came at the back of a virus that had hung around for the best part of two months. I just went with it and ate as much as my body was asking for, but kept it healthy - and a week later normal appetite was back and I felt fabulous again.