Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone get told they must have an eating disorder? page

Unhappy Does anyone get told they must have an eating disorder?

I've been told by my family the following:

- that eating an entire chicken is "binge eating".
    - that I should eat grains because they are carbs, and that avoiding them is a bad way of thinking.

Of course I find this hilarious, because I am eating healthy 9besides my 20%... cheat weekends when I'm with the bf or his family).

Thoughts?

Ljphalen is offline Member
    My family, who don't (and won't) eat primal, watched me live with an eating disorder for 13 years. They know what it looks like, and primal looks nothing like an eating disorder. They're big cheerleaders.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I get told that all the time.

All.

The.

FRIGGIN'.

TIME.

By people three times my size who haven't been to the gym or lifted anything heavier than a fork to their mouths in over ten years or who sit on their asses 98% of the time... When you realize that, you realize how patently ridiculous it is. It's annoying, yes, but when you make this realization you begin to understand that it's pointless paying them any mind.

Just keep on doing what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljphalen View Post
    My family, who don't (and won't) eat primal, watched me live with an eating disorder for 13 years. They know what it looks like, and primal looks nothing like an eating disorder. They're big cheerleaders.
    I also used to have an eating disorder (when I was 17)- basically when I was on the raw vegan diet. That diet made my weight drop badly. What I'm doing now, feeding my body, is nothing like what I did to myself before (even when I thought being a raw vegan was healthy... aghhh). My family is on SAD and committed to it though. They think anyone who eats differently has an ED, it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I get told that all the time.

All.

The.

FRIGGIN'.

TIME.

By people three times my size who haven't been to the gym or lifted anything heavier than a fork to their mouths in over ten years or who sit on their asses 98% of the time... When you realize that, you realize how patently ridiculous it is. It's annoying, yes, but when you make this realization you begin to understand that it's pointless paying them any mind.

Just keep on doing what you're doing.
    Thank you! I really need encouragement to not let them get to me right now!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    eating an entire chicken is a rite of passage

and i didn't know bread was the only source of carbs

so bite off a chunk of meat and garble-yell 'GTFO'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    so bite off a chunk of meat and garble-yell 'GTFO'

LOL. Love it!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amber_maiden View Post
    Thank you! I really need encouragement to not let them get to me right now!
    I eat only once a day a-la Warrior Diet style I guess. So you can imagine how much I get flack from the "OMG eat six times a day at LEAST" crowd and I haven't let it get to me.

When you make the connection that you're healthier than everyone who is giving you advice to begin with, then you start to think "if my results don't speak for themselves, then they can't be helped." And you stat NOT wanting theirs.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I skip lunch because I'm still full from breakfast, people are all like "Girl, you need to eat! You're going to waste away to nothing! What's wrong with you? Eat! Eat! Eat!" Sure, I had a heaping plate of eggs and bacon that morning and I'm gonna die of starvation.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a cousin tell me that my wrists were so thin that it was scary and my grandmother told me not DARE lose anymore weight our I would be unattractive and skeletal- and I'm not even that thin. Its just so different from them and what they're used to. If you feel you are healthy, forget about what they say.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast