Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Egg Allergies page

Amber is offline Junior Member

Egg Allergies

Well, I am just getting started with primal. I love eggs, but my daughter is allergic to them. Very allergic. So, while I don't mind making myself some for breakfast, I need some ideas for a nice primal breakfast for her.

Thanks for any ideas!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried different types of eggs? Like other animals besides chickens...

Other breakfasts could include-as far as protein sources go-meats, raw or organic dairy (if she can tolerate it), maybe a breakfast smoothie with a very high quality protein...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    I also have an egg allergy. Most of the time I have a smoothie for breakfast.

Amber is offline Junior Member
    would uncured bacon be a nice meat? what sources of high quality protein should i be looking at? i have thought about protein shakes for her, but most include soy protein, and egg whites...so obviously a no go. most protein bars have soy in them as well.

Fern is offline Senior Member
    My son can't have eggs so he just gets whatever we eat just without eggs so most mornings that's either bacon or sausage and some veggies cooked in coconut oil or butter, and sometimes we have a coconut milk and strawberry smoothies he LOVES those. And sometimes we give him fruit or cheese to go with his breakfast. But most the time just meat and veggies.

I've noticed this problem with eggs too, and it's the yolk that gets me; egg whits alone and I havent any problems
    Apparently duck eggs can sometimes be tolerated so i might give them a try.

Amber, none of the sources I recommend include soy. I'd never advocate that for an adult, let alone a child. In my eyes, soy is a danger. We could probably consume motor oil if we processed it as much as soy too!

Jay Robb's protein is a great choice IMO.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Butterfly Boy View Post
    I've noticed this problem with eggs too, and it's the yolk that gets me; egg whits alone and I havent any problems
    Apparently duck eggs can sometimes be tolerated so i might give them a try.
    What heppens when you eat the yolks? I ask b/c I get major digestive issues and heck, if youre trying duck eggs and it works out... I wanna know!!! I would KILL for some runny yolks in my life. Sigh.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    I'm suspicious that I might have an egg allergy. If I eat too many at once I tend to get very nauseous. Could that indicate an egg allergy?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    People tend to scarf eggs down within a couple of minutes, hence why it's one of the biggest allergies around. I would say drop it for 2 weeks, re-introduce it at a low volume and chew slowly.

Drink your food and chew your water.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast