Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bigger Picture Journal <3eig<3 page 3

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quick update; Been doing pretty good- I've been sleeping enough, yesterday I made time for some play and I got my work out in! Also, my diet has been perfect lately- 100% primal. During my workout I dead-lifted and squatted 125, overhead pressed 55. Getting back into the swing of things with that! I have been doing lots of homework after 7 though, so I haven't been turning off the computer. I cant think of anything I can do about that right now though.

eig
    This past weekend I went to my mothers and I ate her food. I never turn down my mothers (or grandmothers) food because I don't have it often but lately I've been thinking I should. Before, my only fear was gaining weight, which I now know doesn't happen in just one weekend. Since being primal I have no longer feared eating anything I want if it was rare because I stay thin with the 80/20 rule and all. Now that I've been primal for so long though, I've started to notice other side effects that I never even realized might be related before. Fist of all, even though I was sleeping as much as I liked my sleep quality was terrible. I kept waking up with an antsy feeling and sometimes stomach cramps. Also, I've noticed every time I go home I break out. My allergies get worse, I wake up with headaches, and I just don't feel that great. Not to mention it has me craving carbs for a few days after. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad if I generally kept my carbs higher than I do, but I usually don't eat much fruit and try not to eat starchy vegetables or drink too much beer. Anyway, I don't really know if this is all caused for sure by what I was eating, but it seems to consistently happen every time I go on vacation and eat less strictly. Back on track with food now for the last couple of days and pimples have already cleared, sleep has been good, I feel a lot better. Maybe it is just all in my head but whatever it is I'm going to have avoid going off primal so much when I go home or on vacation in the future because I am staring to think its not worth it.

Work out (did this on Monday)-
    squat 135lbs
    bench 75lbs
    pull ups + negatives

all to failure, I didn't count them.

eig
    This has been a bit of a crazy week. I have a $#!* load of homework I haven't done yet but it WILL GET DONE! I am not going to stress cause that wont get it done any quicker. On the goals front, I've been sleeping as much as I wanted but I have not been powering off the computer I'm trying but I've just had to much to do during the day to get my homework done on time. Maybe this goal was more unrealistic than I thought Tomorrow I think I might be able to fit in a hike for the first time in two-ish weeks and I am so excited! Getting that play in! Also, I didn't sprint this week but I did a HIIT for just under 30 minutes, that counts right? I also did some yoga on my own just after! Food has been AWESOME! Made the best grilled veggies yesterday and a roast today that was just falling apart...yuuum...

Workout (4/19)
    squat 135lbs x2 90lbs x25 Plus a TON of body-weights
    overhead press 55lbs 5x5
    dead 100lbs 5x5

My workout looks weird because I decided to work on my form after watching some vids on youtube. My squat needed the most work. I was keeping my back straight but I was only going low enough like 1/2 the time and I was holding the bar too low. My deads needed a little help too, so I took some weight off both squat and dead so I could do more and focus on getting it right.
    Last edited by eig; 04-20-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: I cant count squats....and I dont know basic english grammer

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hello Eig, I like your journal. It's interesting to me that having got the diet part of primal dialled in you are now looking to see what else you can do to improve your health. Well done on your weights work Thanks for sharing.

eig
    Thanks Annie! I feel like I had been crash dieting so long this is such a piece of cake compared to that!

I just wanted to report, the homework got DONE! Its late and my computer should be off but its done. See, I knew I didn't need to stress

Also food was awesome- omelet filled with spinach, shrooms and bacon for breakfast, protein shake with more spinach and some berries for a snack (trying to gain some muscles!) lunch was tuna with celery, pupus was stuffed shrooms (cheese and homemade tomato sauce...YUM), dinner was L.O. beef and leeks, plus lots-o broccoli. Also had a small square 90% dark chocolate and tea for dessert. Diet has been so tasty lately
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Well done on the homework, that's a relief. Your food sounds yum today. I just love every single primal meal.

eig
    Me too! Love this food

Stayed up lat last night studying. That's not the greatest. Only two weeks out from finals though! I can't wait! Going to B.C. for most of the summer. It'll be my first visit to Canada. My boyfriend got a job there. At the end of the summer though, we're going to Hawaii for a few weeks! Its going to be awesome.

Food: breakfast was a couple fried eggs with bacon, going to eat the last of the beef roast with a veggie stir-fry for lunch, some pistachios, cheese, tuna and celery for snacks, and for dinner I've got a corned beef, carrots, and cabbage in the crock pot. Also going to drink a protein shake after dinner. I'm trying to keep my protein up to build some muscles and hopefully lean out a bit for summer so I put my food for a couple of days in live-strong.com calorie counter and was shocked to find I almost never eat at least 1 gram of protein per body weight (which from what I have read is ideal for muscle gain). So I'm adding some tuna and protein for snacks.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

eig
    Definitely getting the cardio in now. I did another HIIT workout today after I lifted. I'm exhausted and I have some final projects to do. Basically 3 more essays and I get my BA!

eig
    Been working out a lot lately, I've actually been enjoying the cardio more! Today is a lift day but I twisted my ankle and so I'm not sure if I will lift after all. I might just do bench and pull ups. I'm also going to eat fast food today (GASP!). There's a new Five Guys joint in town and my boyfriend wants to try it since we both enjoy In and Out so much and have heard Five Guys is even better. I'm going to order the bacon burger, no cheese, lettuce wrapped. Breakfast this morning was steak and eggs with sauteed spinach and mushrooms, homemade sauerkraut on the side. For dinner we're making lamb, roasted artichokes and wine baked mushrooms. So many treats today! Slept a ton last night, have to write a paper this weekend though so don't know how much fun I'll get in.

Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    Basically 3 more essays and I get my BA!
    That's so exciting, hang in there!

Holiday plans sound good too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast