Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bigger Picture Journal <3eig<3 page 2

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night I didn't turn off my electronics because I was doing homework (bleh) but I still managed to get to bed on time (somewhat early actually). I did my lifting yesterday and it felt sooooo goood! I missed it so much! Unfortunately I did it at the expense of yoga :-( I also haven't been sprinting. I need to make that more of a priority- I seem to get busy and say that Ill just do that later but later never comes around. I need to find a good time to do it and stick to that but so far I haven't thought of a good time/day. I'm going to think about how to schedule that in over the next few days.

Overall I'm feeling a slight amount of stress because this weekend is going to be crazy busy. I have 3 assignments due on Sunday and a 4pg paper I haven't started on due Tuesday. Saturday is my boyfriends and my 3 year anniversary, so I want to just do that and relax and hang out with him all weekend. On Sunday I'm going to bake a chocolate cake (yes a real cake, with flan on top to boot!) and go to a friends house for Easter dinner. I feel a little weird baking something I wouldn't (and wont) eat but its their favorite and as a guest I feel I should bring something they like. Thankfully they're making a thanksgiving like meal so I can just eat the meat and veggies. To top it off, it is the second to last weekend the mountain will be open for snowboarding and so I really want to do that too! I am handling all this better than I usually would though. Im only slightly worried about it. I've been trying to tell myself it'll all get done, and the assignments don't matter as much as the boyfriend and having some fun this weekend. Its mostly working.

Food;
    bf- eggs, breakfast sausage, chives
    l- chicken, salad, avocado
    d- L.O. chicken won bok, wine
    dessert- cherries

workout
    dead lifts- 105lbs x5
    overhead press- 45lbs 5x5
    squats-105lbs 5x5

I de-loaded a bit since it had been a little while. I felt I could have probably done more, especially on the deads, but I think its better to under do it than over do it and end up hurting myself. On a side note, after I did this I was starving and I ate the kitchen! I had a HUGE portion of chicken won bok and that was after a protein shake (which usually I dont even drink because It keeps me so full I dont eat real food). I am also hungrier than usual today. I guess I'll just go with it for now and if it leads to fat gain I'll just cut back.
    Last edited by eig; 03-29-2013 at 11:45 AM.

eig
    Yesterday I received my make-up makings in the mail. I spent some of today and yesterday making a mineral foundation. It was kind of a pain in the butt and I'm not sure I have the shade exactly right but I'm so happy that I'm not putting the store bought stuff on my face every day anymore!

Food (so far-edit later)
    bf- 1/2 sweet potato fried in coconut oil and chorizo, coffee, 1/2 kiwi
    snack- water of one coconut and about 1/3 of the meat
    l- sauteed veggies (cabbage, carrot, broccoli), bourbon chicken, sugar free latte (I had to eat out unexpectedly, I did my best with the options)
    d- last of the l.o. chicken won bok, wine
    Last edited by eig; 03-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

eig
    Today is me and my boyfriends 3 year anniversary! Going to the lake in a bit to hike around and have a small picnic. We're also having dinner at red lobster, not exactly 100% primal, but I'll keep it low carb. Its what we did on our first anniversary too.

Brunch-2 primal scotch eggs, most of a pickle, coffee
    D-2 coconut shrimp, grilled shrimp, ceasar salad, sparkling brut, key lime pie (there goes the low carb haha!)
    Last edited by eig; 04-01-2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I ate some pie...
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

eig
    Sooo, I had a lovely weekend despite the bad weather preventing the picnic from happening on Saturday. I have edited my post for Saturday to also reflect the pie I had at dinner. So much for low carb! oh well, live and learn. I was too busy Sunday to make a post but I went on a (very) short hike and played badminton. I turned my electronics off on time and went to bed a whole hour early! As a result, I was up at 6am this morning, no alarm! I am so happy Today I have a paper to write that I put off all weekend so I might not add food and work out for today until tomorrow...Also I have no idea what Im going to make for dinner yet...

Food:
    b: chorizo, 2 eggs, tomato, 1/2 avocado, coffee
    snack: 1/4 coconut
    pupus: 1/2 apple, wine, old cheese
    dinner: steak, mushrooms, a WHOLE head of broccoli!
    dessert; hot toddy, 1 square 85% dark chocolate

work out;
    pull ups- 2 whole ones, negatives to failure (didn't count them)
    squat: 115lbs x15
    bench: 65 x10

Im trying something new with my workout- Im just doing one set until i cant anymore and Im doint them as deliberately and slowly as I can. My attempt at a sort-of Doug Mcguff like work out. Not sure if that is exactly what he was describing but Im giving it a try. Anyway, once again, I think I was unusually hungry after my workout. This only used to happen to me when I did chronic cardio. Like I said last time though, I think I'll just listen to my body for now.
    Last edited by eig; 04-01-2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add food and workout

eig
    Last night I mindlessly used by computer after 7pm to update what I had eaten and exercise, thinking I should do it before I forgot what I had eaten and I didn't even notice what I was doing until after I had done it! Just goes to show how attached I am to this machine! I really need to focus more on this, I don't think its good to be that attached to the internet. Anyway, I got to bed on time. I'm a bit sore in my lower back today from my workout I think so next time I do squats I think I should really focus on my form.

what Im going to eat today;
    skipped breakfast
    L- salad with boiled eggs, olive oil, roast beef
    supper (?dont know what to call this meal)- pickled veggies, l.o. beef, 1/2 avocado, beer
    D- broth with veggies, wine (was only a little peckish at dinner time after having that supper/snack earlier)

One last point, I've been thinking about completely dropping dairy because I know I really shouldn't eat any of it since I'm sensitive to milk and soft cheeses but I've been resisting it because I love some old cheddar! Especially for pupus with some apple. Last night though I had upset tummy after dinner and I think it was because I cooked my veggies in butter and had cheese with pupus. Too much dairy. It sucks too cause other forms of fat are more expensive and the boyfriend loves butter coated veggies. Anyway, I think I just gotta do it.
    Last edited by eig; 04-03-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: update what I ate

Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    Sure and thanks! I love Az, especially up here in the pines where I am. Just wish it had beaches- that's the only thing I don't like!
    Thank you for the recipe, sorry it took me so long to write back. Right after I made a post in the recipe section here on MDA last Thursday, I logged off and decided to a long break from the web. I have been spending WAY too much time in front of a monitor. I work on a computer from home, but just spend too much additional time surfing and reading on the web, when I should be outside hiking or something. Trouble is, now there's so much to catch up on this site!
    I attended the same college, and ended up staying there for many years. Early on, I was so active - cross-country skiing, road biking (did my first century ride there), mountain biking and I even dabbled in a little rock climbing. But when I moved away from campus and the downtown area (and started a real job), I got out of the habit of regular exercise. Wish I could go back and take a different fork in the road. I liked the area very much, but after 12 years at a decent job I got a boss that I made me miserable (plus I missed the desert flora and fauna), so I left. I still have some land there, but don't have any money to put a house on it. If I could, I would live there in the summer to get away from the heat!
    Anyhow, I've printed your recipe, but still haven't gotten the cabbage. But I have a big bag of baby kale, and I think that would be a good substitute, don't you think? I'll try it and let you know!
    Last edited by desertcreature; 04-04-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

eig
    Yeah, its nice here. I kind of miss warmer weather in the winter but I do enjoy winter sports so its a trade off. Campus does have a very active environment, it definitely gets me off my butt. You are very welcome for the recipe, and I think it would make a good substitute because some people use marungay leaves in this recipe, which I have never had, but they look a bit like kale so I think it would be good! Enjoy!
    Last edited by eig; 04-04-2013 at 07:32 AM.

eig
    Good news- I managed to sprint yesterday! I just felt like doing it, it was weird! I also did turn off my computer and went to bed at a reasonable hour. Really slept in though for some reason. also, kind of weird dinner yesterday. I was really hungry early in the evening so I had a weird snack/supper before class then just had some simple soup at my usual dinner time.

Food:
    b- omelet stuffed with salsa, avocados and chorizo
    snack- primal brownie (used this recipe Brownies {using coconut flour} | Comfy Belly , and put less sweetener than it calls for. I dont usually make primalized baked goods, but I had an itch...probably because I ate some pie a few days ago )
    d- liver and onions...at least thats the plan!

Im going outside now to take up some sun, it finally came out again!

eig
    Food
    b- eggs, chorizo
    snack- primal brownie
    l- stir-fry made with beef, broccoli, shoyu, onions, fish sauce, coconut oil, and carrots
    snack- wine, apple
    d- corned beef with cabbage and carrots- one of my favorites!

Its been a bit of a lazy day so far. Didnt have class or work so I just cleaned up the house a bit. Overcast outside again...wish I could go on a hike anyway but the boyfriend is using our car. Stuck here for now. Maybe I should lift some weights? I dont usually do more than 2 lifting sessions in a week but I'm feeling antsy...we'll see I guess. I could always do some homework

eig
    Wow its been busy! Im not sure Im going to post every day for the next bit, I have a ton of homework and I have a family reunion to go to this weekend (my big brother is back from Afghanistan yay!). Anyway, been doing ok with the goals...it could be better. At the moment I'm feeling a little overwhelmed just trying to get things done and trying to focus on these goals at the same time. I have been staying primal though, at least :-) I have been mostly staying calm and I have been sleeping a lot...I haven't been playing as much as I should though. I haven't had a long hike in a while now. I hope I can get a work out in on Wednesday too. This is the home stretch though, only one more month of undergrad! I'm hanging in there!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast