Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop referencing Dr Andrew Weil page

danhaych is offline Member

Stop referencing Dr Andrew Weil

Primal Fuel
    I don't think it's a good idea when people in the area of nutrition who write books and blogs, to reference information from Dr Andrew Weil. I think it's weird acknowledging nutritional advice from overweight/obese people like Andrew Weil... If they can't fix their own weight they shouldn't be giving nutritional advice... Would you take bodybuilding advice from a skinny guy?

Reading your book and came across his name AGAIN, I don't understand why people reference him...

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quit telling me how to live my life!!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhaych View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea when people in the area of nutrition who write books and blogs, to reference information from Dr Andrew Weil. I think it's weird acknowledging nutritional advice from overweight/obese people like Andrew Weil... If they can't fix their own weight they shouldn't be giving nutritional advice... Would you take bodybuilding advice from a skinny guy?

Reading your book and came across his name AGAIN, I don't understand why people reference him...
    I totally agree as I have posted before. He has a beer belly the size of a large beach ball. Did you see him on the Dr Oz show when he gave Oz a tour of his house? He was wearing shorts and a tight fitting, untucked shirt. Unbelievable. It was like he was proudly displaying his obesity. He has a lot of gall preaching about nutrition and health. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

FiveX is offline Member
    Weil promotes a diet that is 50 to 60 percent carbohydrate, so go figure

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Just googled him, he looks like father Christmas
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Not saying he gives good advice or not (I have no clue what he says and frankly don't care) but many people in this world know what they're talking about and yet fail to follow their own advice.

I tell people Primal is the optimal way to eat, and at the same time I have trouble following it myself (probably due to head the head injuries, at least in part). So should people stop listening to me since I've been 25 pounds overweight for some time now?

Take facts as facts based on their logic or the science behind them, and consider that the source may be dealing with other issues that you may not have.

Again, not promoting or dissing this particular person, just saying that his weight doesn't make him credible or not.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

noooo rita, stahp

weil must be hot

...a hot santa?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    noooo rita, stahp

weil must be hot

...a hot santa?
    I've seen some hot Santas. But then again, I'm in Vegas. And my taste is a little weird anyway.

when i think of hot santas all i can think of is that 72 year old dude who takes steroids so from the neck up he's an old bald dude, but from the neck down he's a giant slab of beef

it's like bad photoshop and it disturbs me
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    when i think of hot santas all i can think of is that 72 year old dude who takes steroids so from the neck up he's an old bald dude, but from the neck down he's a giant slab of beef

it's like bad photoshop and it disturbs me
    Eeuw.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast