Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop referencing Dr Andrew Weil page 3

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHLi View Post
    I feel the emphasis should be placed towards the message than the messenger.

I know of many adults who have made mistakes, but have told their children to learn from those mistakes.
    A parent makes a mistake, is humbled by it and shares it with his/her child with the sincere intent of helping their child avoid the same painful mistake. In most cases, the parent will not repeat that mistake. OTOH, Weil is making millions of dollars repeatedly putting forth propaganda that he either does not believe is true or is not sufficiently committed to it to follow.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    A parent makes a mistake, is humbled by it and shares it with his/her child with the sincere intent of helping their child avoid the same painful mistake. In most cases, the parent will not repeat that mistake. OTOH, Weil is making millions of dollars repeatedly putting forth propaganda that he either does not believe is true or is not sufficiently committed to it to follow.
    But again, does that make the message faulty or just the messenger?

I honestly couldn't tell you one single thing this man promotes, so I'm not arguing for him. I'm just saying that the worst people can still have good ideas.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Pam916 is offline Member
    I am sorry but if you are a hairdresser and have horrid hair, you are not touching mine. If you are working in a field that is about looks - then you need to walk the walk. Same goes for a professional who is telling me what I need to do to be healthy. I realize there are a lot of reasons out there for people to be out of shape and/or overweight, but I really just cannot take you seriously if you are in the medical profession and do not heed your own advice.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I think that he is a perfect example of how hard it is to eat healthy- with low fat and high carbs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam916 View Post
    I am sorry but if you are a hairdresser and have horrid hair, you are not touching mine. If you are working in a field that is about looks - then you need to walk the walk. Same goes for a professional who is telling me what I need to do to be healthy. I realize there are a lot of reasons out there for people to be out of shape and/or overweight, but I really just cannot take you seriously if you are in the medical profession and do not heed your own advice.
    Yup. That's why house painters walk around with paint all over their clothes. If you want to be taken seriously as a house painter you'd better have a good coat of paint yourself.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam916 View Post
    So you have given up on doctors entirely, because so many of them are not in a state of perfect health and fitness?

Is physical perfection the only true sign of wisdom and knowledge about health in your mind?

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Is physical perfection the only true sign of wisdom and knowledge about health in your mind?
    If I go to someone for overall lifestyle and nutrition "wellness" advice, that writes books on the topic, I would expect them to at least not be obese. To me, the ability to actually make permanant meaningful change is important and if the "expert" can't make it work, how can I expect to make it work? "Hey, eat a low fat diet with grains and you will be a healthy weight"- obviously he either follows it and it does not work OR he can't follow his own advice.

Mark Sisson looks great- obviously his advice works and he can follow it.

I think that having developed the "most ideal diet" is meaningless if people can't stick to it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Pam916 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    So you have given up on doctors entirely, because so many of them are not in a state of perfect health and fitness?

Absolutely not. My doctor is overweight and I am fine with her prescribing meds for a sinus infection, strep throat or doing my yearly physical. Her credentials are on the wall. However, I would question her immediately if she were to tell me to lose weight and provide me with information on how to do so when she CLEARLY does not follow that same path in her life. Walk the walk, talk the talk. Her credentials for following a healthy lifestyle are written all over her person.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    when i think of hot santas all i can think of is that 72 year old dude who takes steroids so from the neck up he's an old bald dude, but from the neck down he's a giant slab of beef

it's like bad photoshop and it disturbs me
    Here is Santa! Not that unlike Andrew Weil either:

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Daaaaang
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast