Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowel Strangulation: looking for nutrition advice! page 2

hphbwcgj is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You should follow your doctors orders for diet and activity.

PrimalInAsia is offline Junior Member
    Ekatherine- I apologize my comments weren't very clear. He is discussing the 'traditional' Korean diet specifically for the sick which is basically just 죽 and 밥양식 or various rice gruels. Which is what I must consume while in hospital, however I can barely get it down and I don't feel like its terribly nutritious. Unlike my intravenous food this is food I can choose not to consume but I am struggling with what is the right decision. Zach- it was mostly small intestine as the strangulation occurred around the meeting point of both intestines but on the small intestine side. My doctor said they took 60 cm, but he may have meant 16? I will clear these facts up as soon as I've got the hang of walking again: one step at a time aye!

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I would think bone broth would be excellent. Also, anything that is cultured. Kimchi, perhaps? Don't Koreans eat a lot of cultured veg? Would juicing vegetables be possible? That would give you a lot of nutrients without having to digest so much. I would also suggest cutting up your food a lot like chopped salads. I do mine in the food processor with a few pulses, so much easier to digest. Soups with vegetables cooked to where they are soft and more digestible. I'm wondering if you could get a long distance consult with someone like Chris Kresser. He's seems to know a lot about digestion and many physical issues and could probably give you a very detailed protocol which would much surpass what most of us could offer. Good luck to you. Sounds like you've been through a lot.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Thank you for the responses everyone!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just a quick update: I arrived back in my city late Sunday night. It was much more difficult to adjust to regular life again (and a full teaching schedule starting promptly Monday morning!) than I could have imagined, but someone told me once that "baby steps get you places!" I am following an SCD type diet. We would have been more prepared had we known we had to pay all 3,600.00 USD at once...BEFORE I could be discharged. So needless to say as poor teachers we were left with nought to buy groceries with! Luckily I had ordered some almond butter from Iherb and my husband had made a large vat of chicken soup so we were stretching that out with a bit of rice until we got paid. Chicken soup and beef bones and broiled meat and pumpkin at the ready for the upcoming week. Oh, one thing to mention if this ever happens to anyone else: My skin was incredibly dry and lax (and I lost a lot of weight!!) during this period. Coming back home and making my own food was my number one priority as it should be yours! Healthy fats are key: without chicken skin and coconut oil my dizziness and tiredness was unbearable for those first two days. I was avoiding too much fat so as not to upset my bowels, but it has been nothing but helpful for me! I am also taking probiotics and enymzes with minerals in my water which has helped a lot too. Best wishes everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12