Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Reaction to Diet Coke Since Going Primal page

Vman is offline Junior Member

Strange Reaction to Diet Coke Since Going Primal

Shop Now
    Hi, Everyone,

Since going primal, I've had strange reactions to drinking diet sodas. In particular, I get seriously dizzy. Here's my background leading up to this,

Prior to going primal, I wasn't a huge soda drinker, but when I went out to eat, I would get a Diet Coke or two. I never experienced dizziness of any kind.

So, when I was about a month into primal, I had a cheat day and had a diet soda. I felt really dizzy to the point where I needed to lay down when coming home. I didn't really get it at first. But then the same thing happened again two more times and only after drinking diet soda. With regular Coke, nothing unusual happens.

After searching the internet, I have found out that there are people who are sensitive to diet soda and get dizzy. However, I have found no cases of someone becoming sensitive to diet soda. Anyone else out there?

Anyways, it's not a huge deal as this sort of opened my eyes and I'm staying away from diet soda. I'm just curious to what caused this change or if anyone else has had the same experience. Any thoughts or theories?

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Your body is now recognizing toxins.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    A long time ago I found that drinking a diet Pepsi on my morning break started to make me feel awful. I felt better having nothing.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't know why it's making you dizzy, but I think I'd count my blessings.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    Very simple...have iced tea/water as your body is screaming at you too stop.

Look at what is in diet coke and read up about it and it should make your transition better as just the asptertam is scary enough to make me avoid it. It is proven to be addictive though so it can be tough educate yourself on the subject matter and you will be successful.

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    For me, being lc made me much more sensitive to blood sugar bounces. Diet Pepsi causes my body to think it has had sugar and I get an insulin spike then since there is no sugar I get a sugar crash, and like whoa I am dizzy all of a sudden.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    For me, being lc made me much more sensitive to blood sugar bounces. Diet Pepsi causes my body to think it has had sugar and I get an insulin spike then since there is no sugar I get a sugar crash, and like whoa I am dizzy all of a sudden.
    That's not a good sign.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    yes this is why I avoid the diet sodas.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

hphbwcgj is offline Junior Member
    I felt better having nothing.

whitewolf is offline Junior Member
    Some years ago I was a huge diet coke fan, I bought big 2L coke light about twice a week and mostly drank it all on the very same day (and that was not the only aspartame on my menu). Sweet thing with zero calories, best thing ever, what could go wrong here LOL. After a few years I started to feel dizzy after consuming 2L and cut down to 0.5L bottles. And after some more time, even that made me dizzy. 4 years ago when I got pregnant stop drinking that crap. Now even few sips make me feel bad.

If you google aspartame and dizzy, seems there is a sure link between them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast