Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Reaction to Diet Coke Since Going Primal page 2

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    It would be worth checking to see if high or low blood sugar is causing your dizziness.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Aspartame might be the culprit- my wife gets migraines. Even a piece of gum can put her down for hours.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoGirl View Post
    Your body is now recognizing toxins.
    This^^^. You have cleaned out the gunk in the system enough that now it notices when its being poisoned. Before, that used to be "normal".

Vman is offline Junior Member
    It's only diet soda related. So, I don't think that it's blood sugar related. For example, I've drank regular Coke on a cheat day with no problem whatsoever.

Vman is offline Junior Member
    Whitewolf,

That's interesting. I did some research on the internet and found out that lots of people do get dizzy from diet sodas. But I couldn't find any stories of people becoming sensitive to it. In every other instance, it seems like people were either sensitive or not. Other than my own experience and yours, I've never heard of this happening.

Strange that your experience just happened randomly. Mine happened about a month after going primal and I only drank minimal diet soda beforehand. Maybe, a glass or two when going out to eat.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    I used to drink diet sodas all the time, and felt fine.

Now when I have a sip, my head feels funny, not in a good way. It's different from blood sugar rush-- sometimes I get a headache from drinking sweetened tea. So I think my body reacts to the aspartame in the diet soda.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I experience this too.

I love Diet Coke, but I'm noticing since going Primal that it makes me feel like crap. I feel tired and like I'm in a haze after drinking one.

whitewolf is offline Junior Member
    Maybe my body just got overdose from it and then developed the reaction. Luckily body seems to be smarter than my conscious self. My husband has never drunk the diet ones, he hates the taste. Lately he can't drink the regular ones either(we even do not want to consume it daily or even weekly, but maybe once in a month when eating out or on the road etc would be nice at least to have that option) He feels bad and gets a red rash all over his face. Sometimes visit to the bathroom is immediately needed too. When we have a night out with friends, rum and coke is not an option to neither of us. But that's another topic.

But to sum up, soda is crap

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Diet soda makes my eyes blurry. Scared the crap out of me. I'll drink Zevia sodas once in awhile though with no ill effects. (Sweetened with erythritol and stevia)

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    It's only diet soda related. So, I don't think that it's blood sugar related. For example, I've drank regular Coke on a cheat day with no problem whatsoever.
    Many people get dizzy from drinking black coffee on an empty stomach early in the morning as well, so you could try to eat something first and see what happens...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast