Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Best Whey Protein page 6

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That brand is also sold under Mercola's name and swansons. It is cheapest as swansons brand (you can call defense nutrition and they will give you the lowdown. ) I like it and I like that it is grass fed and under natured

the_puma is offline Junior Member
    I just found a wonderful whey protein by Quantum Nutrition. It is on the pricey side but it's clean New Zealand whey with probiotics! Which is really a perfect choice for primal lifestyle because if you don't eat dairy, it's a good way to get probiotics. Tastes really good too and no added sugars or anything.

Quantum Nutrition Inc. PROBIOTIC WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE (VANILLA SILK) - 910G - DIGESTIVE SUPPLEMENTS - PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS - PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS - SPORTS NUTRITION - SPORTS NUTRITION - SPORTS NUTRITION - National Nutrition (this one has Stevia too!)

Love it. My new favourite protein.

mtnwoman is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for this thread. I always like to benefit from others research.

I try and choose the highest quality food, and also the highest quality supplements.

When I look for a whey protein I look for: non-denatured; no artificial sweeteners; concentrate vs isolate; low heat processed; rBGH free; AND I'm looking for a listing on the label of the other biologically active components protein components such as, how much lactoferrin, immunoglobulins, alpha-lactalbumin, etc.

Right now the product that meets these requirements is by Designs for Health (DFH) Whey Cool. It is sweetened by xylitol and stevia, has 24g of protein, 3 gm of carb, 3 gm of immunoglobulins, 1.2 gram of lactoferrin.

The Warrior Whey and Mercola's Miracle Whey look similar BUT I don't seem any labeling re the immunoglobulins, etc.. Well Wisdom's VItal Whey looks good to me, but it has half the amount of the immunoglobulins and lactoferrins/per serving as the DFH Whey Cool per serving. I notice that both Well Wisdom and DFH use "Proserum" grade whey (haven't looked into what that signifies...). DFH Whey Cool, like Well Wisdom's Vital Whey, derive their milk from cows grazed on pesticide free, chemical free pastures and their cows don't get hormones, antibiotics,etc...

I don't work for DFH. I do sell their whey in my practice.

Swan sons no longer uses Nutritional Defense as their sole provider of grass fed whey. I have switched to Vital Whey, which has more immunoglobulin than Whey Cool and is cheaper. You get it in bulk at iherb.com or mercola sells it as pro optimal whey. If you do the subscribe and save the price is pretty equal with iherb.
    From my research it seemed to be the best whey that comes from we'll treated animals and high amino acid profile

carolorrell is offline Junior Member
    I use bulletproofexec.com upgraded whey which is grass-fed. Tastes great. Also find I on his other website upgraded self.com

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Don't waste your money on those expensive grass-fed. I am using this and it's the highest quality for the price I've found. It's unflavored, but I actually really enjoy the taste of whey, kind of a vanilla flavor. I mix with raw milk or cream, and eggs.
    Ultra Whey Protein Isolate (5 lbs) Buy Whey Protein - ZNaturalFoods.com
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

I get grass fed because I want to know the cows I am getting the whey from are treated well and fed well. As a lactating mammal myself I empathize with the cows. It is also why I buy grass fed beef - besides being better for you I want the animals being killed on my behalf to have lived well and treated well. I also like to stay away from soy, even if it is less than 1 percent. It is GMO and that just makes me uneasy

MouthDR is offline Senior Member

I don't see evidence that it is grass fed.

Might want to look at Julian Bakery. Tastes awesome, grass fed.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast