Thread: Sydney Australia page

iYummy is offline Junior Member

Sydney Australia

Primal Fuel
    Hi all I'm new to the forum and Primal/Paleo. So far I've been transitioning for the past 2 weeks and I can already feel a huge difference. I don't feel sluggish and I feel much more alert. Giving up grains has been very easy for me as I have IBS so I had already given up gluten. I have cut out grains, most dairy, legumes, peanuts and sugar. I have upped my intake of coconut oil, eggs and chicken as well as vegetables. My mum has noticed a huge difference in my skin already!

A little about me...
    I am 28 years old and have a very active 3 1/2 year old boy, who I am slowly transitioning to a primal/paleo diet. He has no problem eating fruit, and he'll go through stages with his vegetables (the other week all he wanted was cucumbers, but this week all he is snacking on are cherry tomatoes).
    I am also 4 1/2 months pregnant, however I am no longer with the father as he decided he wasn't ready for another baby (after months of us planning and trying). However I have a lot of support from family and friends, and I am very excited to be raising this baby as primal/paleo!

With my first pregnancy I basically lived on cupcakes, McDonald's cheese burgers and boxes of chocolate... surprise surprise I gained 66lbs (30kg). I do NOT want to go through that again! So far I have gained 6.6lbs (3kg) with this current pregnancy and I would like to keep my total gain to around 17.6lbs (8kg), while still providing the baby and myself with lots of nutrients. I have been eating very healthy this pregnancy (luckily my cravings included apples, watermelon and cucumbers!) so my weight gain has been minimal compared to last time.

I would love to meet people in my area (doesn't matter if you have children or not!)

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. May this pregnancy be healthy for you both. Good news on the skin already.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Hi!
    Canberra here!

Welcome, although I'm pretty new too.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome.
    Where in Sydney are you?
    I am out West (not out as far as Penrith).
    I have to boys 2 and 5

Thanks for the welcome!

Ayla - I'm out west too, I live in the Hawkesbury so I guess most people would count that as as far as Penrith!
    How are your boys with eating primal/paleo? I have been having a few battles to get my son to try new food (he doesn't like meat or eggs; he's even fussy with chicken!).

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Hello I' m in Southwest Sydney
    Good luck with your journey
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by iYummy View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

Ayla - I'm out west too, I live in the Hawkesbury so I guess most people would count that as as far as Penrith!
    How are your boys with eating primal/paleo? I have been having a few battles to get my son to try new food (he doesn't like meat or eggs; he's even fussy with chicken!).
    not that far from me really
    They are fine with it now. When we first did it, they complained but once they realised there would be nothing else they ate more If they don't like something I keep giving them some and they eventually try it.

I am pretty much in between the Hawkesbury and the Hills area - near Oakville. I do most of my shopping etc in the Hills as there is much more organic/free-range produce available.
    I have been doing that and it seems to be slowly working.. last night he had a few bites of a chicken drumstick which is more than he's ever been willing to try before! We always praise him for trying new foods. I don't mind if he eats it or not, I just put the positive focus on trying it

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thats where I do most of my shopping too My oldest goes to school near Stanhope Gardens, so ive been getting fruit from Coles there most days, but I would prefer to buy from the Kellyville Egg farm, they just grow what is in season, although not certified organic, I know he only uses pesticides on the broccoli, so happily buy his stuff.
    Our butcher is in Dural, Old Northern Rd. He has all organic, grass fed hormone free meat, eggs too.
    Yep just keep at it and he will eat