Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Primal Moment of the Day page 9

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Best: Just retrieved an email that my sardine subscription shipped yesterday. I'm out and thought I'd have to wait until the 2nd or 3rd of April to get them.

Good: put the bone broth in the ice cube trays and other containers and have the bones ready for the neighbor dog. He's such a snuggy bear.

Worst: Realizing I'm excited about getting a delivery of sardines.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Worst: My dh forgot to take his (primal) lunch, again.

Best: I ate it. (Roast chicken and kumara, hmm).

Miss Grok is offline Junior Member
    Best: Achieving "hero" status at my local butcher shop. While paying for my very large purchase I was asked what I'm cooking this weekend. I said, "The steak is for tonight and the rest is for a hostess gift. Some people bring flowers; I bring meat."

Worst: Running out of the cat's raw food and having to give her my last can of sardines. I was quite resentful when eating my eggs later in the day.
    "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Best: Completing 38 hours of fasting.

Worst: getting sick from a can of chili with no "trigger" ingredients. Not sure what happened there, but I did NOT feel good afterward.

Doing a test: Will eating 150g of potato have a direct effect on my weight tomorrow? We'll see.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

VADogWalker is offline Member
    Welp, I'll do mine in reverse order and you'll see why:

WORST: One of my clients left a little baggie of Easter goodies for me - M & M's, chocolate peanuts, etc. I ignored it while it was in my car planning to throw them away when I stopped at the gas station) and in a weak stress induced moment I grabbed a handful and shoved them in my mouth. The first few tasted delicious but then all of a sudden it was just too much sugar, too much ICK. Ugh, I hated myself after it.

BEST: I realized my body just CAN'T tolerate that crap anymore. A year ago I'd have snarfed the entire bag of candy without a second thought. Then probably pick through my candy stash at home later that night. But I'm now realizing things like that are a test. There will be weak moments when I HAVE to have the M&M's and I do indulge, but those moments teach me for the next time, and I'll remember that icky feeling I had all day, the mood swing and the headache. Lesson learned .

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Please take this weather from me. I live in SoCal, we're looking at 85+ all next week and I can't stand it. I don't want the sun to maim my beautiful porcelain skin. My skin is so pale, I frequently get asked the following questions: "Are you sick?" "Do you ever go outside!?"(ironically I'm outside then) "Are you cold?"(I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt and it's like 60 degrees...) "Are you dying?" "Are you dead?" "Do you bleach your skin?" Ecetera ecetera

With my hair colored a midnight blueish black, I look like a straight up vampire; especially with my rather sharp canine teeth(which should indicate I'm aligned to eating meat, but I'm not!)

Anyway, my best primal moment yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/loGoUmX.jpg

Says it all really.
    OMG I'm fair too and am always asked if I am sick! I have red hair and freckles so you'd think people would realize I'm naturally that way. And I burn like mad, as does my oldest son who is white as white can be.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveholts714 View Post
    OMG I'm fair too and am always asked if I am sick! I have red hair and freckles so you'd think people would realize I'm naturally that way. And I burn like mad, as does my oldest son who is white as white can be.
    Derp's also 6'3" and 150lbs and smokes. That might also have something to do with why people are concerned for his health.

I am a redhead with stupid pasty colored skin too. The only thing I have going for me is my "freckle tan." People don't ask me if I'm sick, but they do give me a hard time about my whiteness. Or the fact that I have to wear long sleeves and a big goofy hat in the summer, or carry an umbrella.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiveholts714 View Post
    Aw, if you burn easily I recommend buying some zinc oxide cream(3.99 at cvs) and mixing it with coconut oil and applying it. It certainly helps me fight off the sun. If your skin is oily you don't need to apply the coconut oil
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Best: Starting to FEEL better about my appearance. Noting that I am down 33 pounds.

Worst: The only primal food in my house at the moment is eggs. Getting kinda tired of those. Good thing it's my fasting day.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast