Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Primal Moment of the Day page 17

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Best: preparing my first beef tongue (I've eaten it before, but never made one myself). It may be my new favorite cut of beef.

Worst: wondering why my floors won't stay clean. I want magic floors.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

smellincoffee is offline Junior Member
    Best: when a teenager who is constantly selling things for her school tried to get me to buy donuts, I said I didn't need donuts but would be happy to make a donation. I also left church yesterday to spend some time outside, which did a 180 for my mood. Usually the most enjoyable thing about Sundays is breakfast with friends and chatting, but yesterday two of my dining companions spent the entire time talking about 3-D tvs and arguing about some oafish blowhard who is a radio/tv personality. Bleargh.

Worst: after two days successful avoidance, I finally succumbed to temptation and tried some of the homemade cookies in a tin at work. They were homemade. The good news is I didn't like the one I had enough to try another.

KatieCHI is offline Member
    Best: Half-way through Whole30 and this one (2nd) is a lot easier than the first.

Worst: Can't keep veggies in the fridge -- household eats them really fast! Need bigger fridge.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    This was yesterday:

Worst: seeing a pedestrian struck by a car and waiting around to give my statement when the police got to me. The pedestrian was not seriously injured.

Best: finding that the stone wall I was sitting on while waiting for the cop to become available was perfect for doing L-sits on.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Best: bit of sunlight, buttery curried eggs.
    Worst: STRESS. I HATE exam/essay season.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Frank of Denmark is offline Junior Member
    Best moment: chowing down half a chicken and 800 grams of greens(yes, i was hungry) while my sister asked me "how the hell can you do that,and still lose weight?"
    Worst moment: setting up my pull-up bar in door opening, and failing miserable while attempting do one stinking pull-up. Not cool, not cool at all.
    Thank god i can still laugh at myself sometimes....

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank of Denmark View Post
    Best moment: chowing down half a chicken and 800 grams of greens(yes, i was hungry) while my sister asked me "how the hell can you do that,and still lose weight?"
    Worst moment: setting up my pull-up bar in door opening, and failing miserable while attempting do one stinking pull-up. Not cool, not cool at all.
    Thank god i can still laugh at myself sometimes....
    I feel the pain on pullups.
    The way I got to doing one was:
    Step 1: Do negatives (jump up into "final" position and try and lower your body as slowly as possible; basically a reverse pullup), 3 sets of 3, sets spread out over a day or afternoon. Also do "downunder" pullups.
    Step 2: When you can do them, alternate occasional semi-pullups (pull yourself into a right-angle which you hold for a while) with your negative routine.
    Step 3: "Play" with the bar. Semi-pullups, negatives, dead hangs...etc
    Step 4: Start doing your "almost pullups" and holding the final position for as long as you can until you do a proper pullup.
    Step 5: Yay! Pullup!

PS: Also, for the fastest progress, do your pullup workout day-on, day-off and avoid doing it the same day as weight-based activity for arms.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Z0oom is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Best: preparing my first beef tongue (I've eaten it before, but never made one myself). It may be my new favorite cut of beef.

Worst: wondering why my floors won't stay clean. I want magic floors.
    Oooo, I just made beef tongue last week. I threw it in the crock pot overnight with an onion, bayleaf, S&P, and turkey broth. It was also my first time making it. Golly that skin could double as sandpaper ;P *ack.

But i shredded it, and it turned out really juicy and moist. There was a surprising amount of fat in it too, I expected it to be super lean. Texture wise, it would be amazing for tacos. I just ended up eating mine with hot sauce!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z0oom View Post
    Oooo, I just made beef tongue last week. I threw it in the crock pot overnight with an onion, bayleaf, S&P, and turkey broth. It was also my first time making it. Golly that skin could double as sandpaper ;P *ack.

But i shredded it, and it turned out really juicy and moist. There was a surprising amount of fat in it too, I expected it to be super lean. Texture wise, it would be amazing for tacos. I just ended up eating mine with hot sauce!
    I brined mine in some pickling spices, vinegar, and water for eight days. Then into the pressure cooker for 55 minutes. Let cool, 'til I could easily pull off the skin. Voila - just like the old deli tongue I ate in my youth. I was also pleasantly surprised at the fattiness. Yum.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    The best: taking two glass clip-top jars into work and leaving them in the fridge for others to fantasise over. Then taking them to the canteen and devouring the contents. Salad envy can be a terrible thing.

For some odd reason, storing clean, colourful food in glass jars looks so much more attractive than the ice cream tubs I was using previously.

It helps that the contents are a salad consisting of scarlet chorizo, lush green leaves, magenta radishes and varied sweet peppers and, in the smaller jar, a mixture of gleaming blackberries, strawberries on the brink of collapsing under the weight of their own juice and fat cherries.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast