Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Primal Moment of the Day page 16

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Best: My boss just walked by my desk and asked how I'm not miserable with allergies like she is. (I've been having some minor symptoms but not nearly like I used to and I haven't had to take any medicine yet this year.)

Worst: Drinking a ton of water and peeing normally but still being thirsty. Had to buy a buffalo chicken salad to get the salty bleu cheese. The chicken was breaded - boo. Not really that bad - I wanted to post about the allergy thing.

Z0oom is offline Member
    Best, I couldnt find any larger ribeye steaks in the freezer that were over .75lbs, so I ate the two smallest ones for a total of 1.2lbs instead, and they were delicious.

Worst, made some really nice green tea for the work day today and somehow it came out all bitter and horrid. I think I need a cooler temperature of water and less soaking time.

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Best: getting back to yoga after a 5 month hiatus (dealing with the loss of my Mum at Christmas, and having zero energy). Really pleased just to be in the space where that's even on my radar.

Worst: not being as flexi after 5m off yoga...kinda predictable really.

*added bonus best- making yummy no-oat porridge for brekky and not being remotely hungry till 2pm!

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Worst: 20 eggs not enough for the week.

Best: getting complements on howcI look. We're all a little vain!!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Bests:
    -getting a 65p-off voucher for Kerrygold
    -buying a pile of fresh veg for just 2
    -showing off my leg muscles in a skirt

Worsts:
    -no sun
    -chicken-livers have gone up in price
    -not having freezer-space to break down a pig's head (Only 2.50!!! Wish I'd got it )
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Worsts:
    -chicken-livers have gone up in price
    YES. I hate that now demand has gone up for a whole slew of things that I used to buy, including young Thai coconuts [$1.29 last year to $2.99], konnyaku noodles [$0.99 to $2.00], and all types of organs. And soybean oil just keeps getting cheaper

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The whole "nose to tail" trend is increasing offal prices. Also last year's drought.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I hope the nose-to-tail trend blows over. I used to like getting cheap grass-fed lambs' liver and marrow-bones.
    Thankfully most people don't seem to want to brave a pig's head, so I'll be collecting one of them and an ox-heart once my freezer is a bit more depleted.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

zizou is online now Senior Member
    I can relate to the primal word spreading sffecting produce abailable. Wanted to get some ossu bucco and marrow bones but all the best gelatinous cuts were gone!

Idioteque is offline Member
    I just looked at the membership page of the new fitness company with which my employer has a contract (we get discounts for the subscription if we join). And I saw this: Three training sessions based on primal moves! Ha!

PS: not sure what the three actually means (per year, per month, per week?) but the fact that "primal moves" are put on the contract page it's pretty cool!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast