Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Primal Moment of the Day page 15

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Best: not sleeping through the alarm so I'll actually get to the farmers market this morning.

Worst: It's only 7:am, nothing worst yet.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Best: wearing shorts and a tank on a warm sunny day and my 5th grader's teacher tells me 'You have the legs of a teenager!' (I am mid 40's) *blush*

Worst: trying to find an excuse when my MIL invites me over for lunch so I can try the "wonderful new Raspberry Viniagrette I just bought' *blech*

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Best: My "almost-pullups" are now so high my shoulder touches the bar!!! Can't wait until I can reach the bar with my sternum in a full-regulation pullup.
    Worst: Feeling a bit sleepy. That's it.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Best; a smug looking woman eyeing up my trolley as she's unloading all her bread, low fat cream, pasta etc, coming out with a judgemental "that's a lot of meat" remark.

Worst; not being able/allowed to bite back with a scathing retort....
    Sometimes the best response is just "Yeah, isn't it?"

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Best: My "almost-pullups" are now so high my shoulder touches the bar!!! Can't wait until I can reach the bar with my sternum in a full-regulation pullup.
    Worst: Feeling a bit sleepy. That's it.
    Since when does your sternum have to touch the bar for a pull-up to be legal? I have always seen the standard defined as your chin passing the bar with no chicken-necking.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Since when does your sternum have to touch the bar for a pull-up to be legal? I have always seen the standard defined as your chin passing the bar with no chicken-necking.
    T NATION | 6 Coaches Weigh in on Pull-Ups
    I've always viewed it as that my chest has to touch the bar for me to have reached the milestone. Collar-bone/shoulder height doesn't quite cut it for me. It also can help move onto other pullup-bar-based activities faster, dependent on body-type.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

T NATION | 6 Coaches Weigh in on Pull-Ups
    I've always viewed it as that my chest has to touch the bar for me to have reached the milestone. Collar-bone/shoulder height doesn't quite cut it for me. It also can help move onto other pullup-bar-based activities faster, dependent on body-type.
    I'm certainly not arguing against more complete range of motion. I like to touch my chest to the bar also. I'm just arguing against denying yourself credit because you want to do pull-ups with a greater ROM. You got your chin over the bar (with a neutral head position), you did a pullup in my book. Especially if you're a lady, as a pullup is actually quite an accomplishment due to physiological differences between the sexes.

I'm certainly not arguing against more complete range of motion. I like to touch my chest to the bar also. I'm just arguing against denying yourself credit because you want to do pull-ups with a greater ROM. You got your chin over the bar (with a neutral head position), you did a pullup in my book. Especially if you're a lady, as a pullup is actually quite an accomplishment due to physiological differences between the sexes.
    I refuse to let my gender define my success!
    But, seriously, I'll take ALL the credit (with steak and cheese) when I do a proper one. But, for now, I haven't done a real one. It doesn't disillusion me; it spurs me on.

Once I've done the one, I'll need to learn to do a series of them, each starting from a dead hang. Which will be fun...
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

I refuse to let my gender define my success!
    But, seriously, I'll take ALL the credit (with steak and cheese) when I do a proper one. But, for now, I haven't done a real one. It doesn't disillusion me; it spurs me on.

Once I've done the one, I'll need to learn to do a series of them, each starting from a dead hang. Which will be fun...
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, you will and it will.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast