Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Primal Moment of the Day page 13

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    best: my one-meal-a-day after an active day hiking, crawling with the kids, etc ALWAYS great stuff on the table and most welcome by my body

worst: hearing my father-in-law's comment on how nice "a hobby" it is to tweak your diet ... the poor guy has a bone marrow cancer and he still looks at my wife and me as if we were some kind of new-age alternative people, on the edge of being hippies ... just become we adopted primal as a lifestyle ... I never forced or tried to convince him of anything but looking at how he drove his life (constant work stress, sleep deprived for decades, junk diet full of sugar and grains), I am not surprised he ended up where he is today ...

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Best: Discovering a new porridge recipe when I warmed some half-blended primal ingredients in the microwave.

Worst: No exercise AGAIN.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hey Annieh, can you post the recipe? Porridge is one of the things I miss most. Especially since it's getting colder in the mornings. Autumn is finally kicking in!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Best: walking in the SUN. Yes, SUN. Hallelujah, SPRING's come to the UK.
    Worst: getting up earlier than my body felt like. But I'm on nursing-duty, so...
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Best: Getting out of the bed on a warm day barefoot, feeling the different textures underfoot as I go to my car
    Worse: Putting on my bloody shoes when I get to work!
    Best: Taking them off at the end of the day.

Wearing shoes is like hitting your head with a hammer, it feels so good when you stop.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Texas.grok I completely agree with you.
    I wear shoes as little as possible, which translates to about an hour a week.

Best: Realizing that I probably could have done the push presses in the WOD with more than the 65 lbs I had

Worst: Succumbing to those damn Hershey's Nuggets my co-worker started bringing in... I could stay away from the mini Butterfingers etc in the candy jar (made my teeth hurt, for one thing), but there's something about those Nuggets that call to me...

Also I am jealous of all you barefoot folk. It is NOT warm enough for that in New Hampshire. We're lucky it finally stopped snowing.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caro_h View Post
    Best: a big spoonful of CO for breakfast

Worst: asking for pouring cream at Starbucks, getting the wide-eyed 'that stuff will kill you' treatment and walking out with a cup of plain black coffee because I didn't check before I left that they had actually PUT THE DAMN CREAM IN!
    That's why you ask to do it yourself!!!!! And if they give you that wide-eyed lok, spill some on the counter just for fun
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Peasy86 is offline Junior Member
    Best: Ultimate frisbee this afternoon! (haven't played yet but it's the highlight of my week)

Worst: The waiter sniggered at me when I asked for no yoghurt dressing on my salad at lunch, both when I ordered and when he brought it out. It's even a whole foods cafe so you'd think they'd be a bit more open minded.
    Keep calm and paleo on.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast