Thread: Cronometer page

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Cronometer

Primal Fuel
    http://spaz.ca/cronometer/

What a great tool! I love that you can edit your own personal carb/protein/fat goals. I was wondering if anybody else uses this? I also entered in my multi and omega 3 supplements, but am confused as to what I should set the ratios to for my min and max of omega 3 and 6 intake. Should they be the same? For omega 3 I put in a minimum of 4g and a maximum of 8g, according to Whole9's reccomendations... http://whole9life.com/fish-oil/

A.M. Roots is offline Member
    Hey there, just started using cronometer as well, it was recommended by a great source here. It is by far the best tool I have used and I agree, editting your own measurements is key. Those omega min/max #'s are about what I used. i've heard 2-5 grams a day. On the lipid panel the omega setting is measured in g and I can't change the unit to mg. No biggie I just convert but I thought that was weird. When you supplement on top of a meal what do you consume for good absorbtion? I typically take 300-600mg with the average meal. But what about supplementing with a potent food such as sardines, is it worth it? I usually supp. 2-3 times a day with meals taking extra with my meats vs. fish. Just curious on what gets best utilized and I've also heard EPA and DHA in larger doses can cause some digestive upset. No experience with that however.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    It's always better to get you O-3 from a food source. I try to have cold water fatty fish in my diet everyday but when that's not possible - Carlson's liquid fish oil. By far the least aggravating fish oil I've found.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    iuse this too!!

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Yup. I've been using this for months. It's THE best program if you want to track anything.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    I agree! Plus it doesn't use the internet, nice... Fish can be pretty pricey, even canned stuff if you think about it... Plus, most of the stuff at the supermarket is from a farm and not as good quality. Wish I could do fish more often! @AM Roots, I never really think about what I'm eating my omegas with, as long as it's with SOMETHING... I get more fish burps when I do it on an empty stomach. I'll usually take 2-3 at two of my meals.

anne is offline Member
    Hi,

just wanted to let you know that they (he?) finally built an online version of the CRON-o-Meter. It is still in beta and probably has a lot of bugs but in case anyone of you has been waiting for this for as long as I did I just wanted to tell you: it's finally here

CRON-O-Meter

anne

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    looks pretty comprehensive - does it work on a mobile platform (aka iPhone) as well?

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    What did you all set for protein / carbohydrates / fat? I'm male, 6 feet, 144 lbs. Any advice welcome!

Thanks.

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    I agree! Plus it doesn't use the internet, nice... Fish can be pretty pricey, even canned stuff if you think about it... Plus, most of the stuff at the supermarket is from a farm and not as good quality. Wish I could do fish more often! @AM Roots, I never really think about what I'm eating my omegas with, as long as it's with SOMETHING... I get more fish burps when I do it on an empty stomach. I'll usually take 2-3 at two of my meals.
    Fish oil with a fatty meal is key. I usually take mine at breakfast when I have my bacon and eggs. I don't really get any burps (unless I eat my breakfast too fast).