Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Convict Conditioners! page

streety100 is offline Junior Member

Attention Convict Conditioners!

Shop Now
    This is a question for all those doing/have done convict conditioning...

Can you really pack on muscle with this product the way he says? Or is it all hyperbole? I don't want to be bodybuilder big but at the same time I'd like to see muscle growth. I am yet to see any serious transformation pics from CC that would encourage me to get stuck in more. I'm just about to start a new fitness program and am trying to decide whether to do the strength workouts from P90x (first round not the entire DVD) or convict conditioning. I'd be more than happy to do CC if it meant I'd see some muscle growth. But if I have to wait months to see any results I'd probably give up if I'm honest.

I've read the convict threads but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. Any CC feedback/results would be much appreciated

Jon

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    If mass is your primary goal, there are better ways to achieve that than following a program like Convict Conditioning. However, if you want to get strong and fit (and maybe put on a little muscle), bodyweight training is the way to go. Convict Conditioning is a great introduction to bodyweight but it's just a program. Remember, you still have to do the work!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

streety100 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Al! My one thought about CC is that I get problems with my elbows if I do a lot of press ups or pull ups. So I thought it might help me build strength, build tendon and tissue in my elbows and was hoping it would help me add a little muscle. I do love bodyweight. I may give it a go

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    the cc program is based around strengthening your joints and tendons as well. it should alleviate your elbow problems, not make it worse. I had 2 frozen shoulders and the shoulders hurta little in the beginning but progressing through the cc levels they are improving and not hurting any more

ciep is offline Senior Member
    It's possible to gain a lot of muscle with bodyweight exercises. You just have to creatively find ways to make the movements more challenging so that the exercise stimulus is similar to heavy lifting. Really though, as Al implied, if that's your goal then skip the creativity part and just do some actual heavy lifting.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleodutch View Post
    the cc program is based around strengthening your joints and tendons as well. it should alleviate your elbow problems, not make it worse. I had 2 frozen shoulders and the shoulders hurta little in the beginning but progressing through the cc levels they are improving and not hurting any more
    I'm doing full pistol squats now (though my form isn't perfect). About seven years ago I broke a kneecap in a motorcycle accident. I never felt back to pre-accident levels with my legs until I did CC for a few months. Now I'm far stronger than before the accident.

As far as mass, I put on close to 20 pounds since spring of 2011, but I was pretty close to underweight when I started. I was at 5'9, ~146 pounds when I began, now I'm at about 165. Probably the first 12-13 pounds were from eating right and doing CC, and then I started doing Stronglifts and eating more. I'd like to get up to 170+, but I don't have the motivation to eat as much as I would need. I do feel that I'm at a really healthy weight for me, even though I'd like another few pounds of muscle.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Streety100, click on Al's website also. There are some good videos of what bodyweight training can do for your strength and size.

hphbwcgj is offline Junior Member
    there are better ways to achieve that than following a program like Convict Conditioning.

Goldust is offline Junior Member
    As with any Dragondoor product (any product really) you have to take some of the claims with a grain of salt. That being said you can put on weight/muscle with bodyweight exercises like CC. A friend of mine has put on 10+ pounds over the past 15 months using CC (6' 0", went from 170-175 to 185 and his body fat percentage went down to about 10% as well, I should point out that he's over 50 years old too).

However if your goal is to put on a large amount of mass and you want to look like a bodybuilder realistically you'll be more likely to achieve those kinds of results by lifting heavy weights and maybe taking steroids too. You also have to be realistic about your potential gains given your genetics. There's only so much weight that a skinny person with a small frame can put on no matter what they do.

You also need to make sure that you're taking in enough calories if your goal is to put on weight. You could lift weights every day and take steroids until you're ready to explode and you still won't put on any weight if you're not taking in enough calories to do so.

beachbound is offline Junior Member
    You can still do bodyweight movements and build muscle just by adding weight. Using a vest, for example, while doing pull-ups will definitely pack on the mass. My go to site is rosstraining. He comes up with many different exercises to keep it fresh, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast