Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Hunger page

Thumbs down Beyond Hunger

What can I do when, only 2 hours after breakfast I am so hungry that I cant function?
    I feel I could fall into a massive binge and eat anything in sight (luckily I dont have anything 'bad' in my room).
    What can I do when I feel like this?
    What would be least damaging physique & health wise?

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    What are you having for breakfast?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Yes, we need to know what you're eating. I need to have a zero-carb breakfast (or very close to zero carb) and this, even if it's only 300 cals or so, can keep me going for 6+ hours. If I add a bowl of berries to this I'm positively ravenous in 3 hours and the rest of my day is ruined (overeating here I come!).

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I find that even eggs don't have enough protein to keep me satisfied (I'm a morning eater). My standard breakfast is about 30g of protein, about 5g carbs tops. Usually I have either tuna or salmon, mixed with a little chopped celery and mayo. Sometimes I'll have leftover meat from dinner. If I have eggs, I'll make an omelet with my tuna or salmon to insure that I get enough protein. Unless I have that protein in the morning, I'm hungry two hours later.

I'm a morning eater too. I usually have 2 HB eggs and a sausage and some heavy cream in my coffee around 7am and then around 1-2pm I'll have lunch (salad with a protein and some nuts or coconut milk on the side to up the fat). If I want to IF until dinner (or if I'm too lazy to bring lunch) I'll have 2 HB eggs and 2 sausages and it's smooth sailing until dinner. I buy fresh Italian or chorizo sausages - clean ingredients and each has 200 cals and 15g fat and protein each. So when I eat two of them plus the eggs we're looking at about 600 cals and 45g fat and protein each, and zero carbs.

This morning I had a tuna salad. It ws a can of tuna (100kcal) and then salad of spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, carrot.
    At lunch I've eaten a whole roast chicken albeit a smallish one all to myself and felt wonderfully satiated after that.
    Maybe my meals aren't 'proteiny' enough.
    I still struggle with eating fat and havent gained weight as is my intention.
    I'm prone to stress as it is (backed up by blood tests showing high cotisol)
    You could say i'm finding it hard.

You need more fat in your breakfast. I had the same problem too, but trust me, unless you're consuming a ridiculous amount of calories, you will not gain weight from eating more fat as long as your carbs are low.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    ooohhh yes, I would have been hungry on that too. More fat definitely needed. It is hard breaking out of the CW healthy eating mind set. Don't stress it, just make small changes. And since you don't have to lose weight, if you feel hungry just eat. Don't sweat the chicken - sounds to me like you had a good meal and you needed filling up.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    That salad in the morning would be enough carbs to make me hungry within 2 hours. Eat your tuna with full fat mayo, and you'll be a lot more satiated. I don't eat veggies until the evening, if at all, because during the day, just those few carbs will produce hunger. You might be as sensitive to carbs as I am, so you might try focusing on protein and fat earlier in the day to see if that helps.

jadeocean is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree, you need some more fat in the mornings. It took me about 3 wks to really wrap my head around eating more fats but it works and you'll notice a huge improvement in how long you can go without eating. I eat around 7am and usually don't need anything else until 2ish unless I did a strenuous wkout that morning. Like Emmie, I am very carb sensitive so I realized eggs+meats/fish are good morning foods for me, if I eat berries,too many veggies or too much dairy(I do dairy) in the morning I'm just setting myself up to want to eat again in 2-3 hrs.

It's trial and error, you'll figure out what works for you, don't give up.
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast