Thread: Savoury banana breakfast page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Savoury banana breakfast

Primal Fuel
    This morning I woke up craving bananas and olive oil. So guess what I did? Yip, chopped banana, drenched in olive oil, doused with salt! The flavour combination was amazing - sweet, salty and spicy.

I want people to try this so I can establish if it's actually tasty... or if my taste buds are weird
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    I'd go for a banana + coconut oil mix...but olive oil? I'm not so sure...
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by paul119 View Post
    I'd go for a banana + coconut oil mix...but olive oil? I'm not so sure...
    It makes it peppery! Seriously... it was so good
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Well I fry them in either olive or coconut oil, depending on the day. does that count?
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Well I fry them in either olive or coconut oil, depending on the day. does that count?
    Lol, probably! It's so good - I had them again for lunch! I think this snack actually hits a similar sweet spot to chocolate - cos you get your fat, sweet, and sugar hit all in one. Chased down with a coffee

- Ray Peat

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    What I like is a plantain fried in a lot of butter, then sprinkle a lot of cinnamon over it and melt more butter over it
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    What I like is a plantain fried in a lot of butter, then sprinkle a lot of cinnamon over it and melt more butter over it
    Yum! Sounds like desert. What I love about this is the peppery olive oil flavour mixed with the salt and sweet.

- Ray Peat

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Olive-oil and salt is a classic combination often used in Spain. Typically as salad-dressings, in stocks or spread on bread, but I'm sure it's fab on other things too! Now I have to go about finding out some. Bananas are a good starting point.

Another thing we did in Spain: render your own lard and stir in seasoning before it sets. Use as a dip or spread.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can see this working out fine, especially with good salt. Peppery, pepped up and salted. Yeah, nice.